PDA

View Full Version : How should I have played this?

lastchance
08-12-2004, 06:36 PM
First hand of a $5 SNG, expecting very loose players.

4 limpers in front of me, including SB and Button. I check with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I check, checked to the button, who bets $375. SB calls, and now I face a decision. I fold.

What should I do? I'm thinking either fold or raise here, as calling would give me an even tougher choice on the turn.

pstripling
08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
I would have made a pot size bet to open. I think it is unlikely the button has you beat, as most players would raise the button with any A9-AK. A2 or A3 is possible, but I'm inclined to believe he would wait until the turn to bet big. A 375 bet into this small pot indicates he does not want a caller. He could be on a total steal here and the SB may have picked up on it.

However...since you didn't open. I agree with not overcalling here. I still think your hand is good at this point...but I would hate to raise all in (which IMO is the only other viable play here) to see the SB with 22. I would fold at this point as well and wait for a better situation to put my money in.

durron597
08-12-2004, 07:11 PM
If this is the first hand of a $5 SnG, that is a huge overbet of the pot. May as well just fold. Though I would definitely lead out a pot sized bet and fold to a raise.

tallstack
08-12-2004, 07:22 PM
I also would likely have made a bet at it on the flop. You may well have the best hand here and aside from any ace there aren't many limping hands that would like that flop (22, 33, 45).

After the button's bet and sb's call I think you have to toss it. I am worried about the sb calling a large part of his stack with three yet to act behind him. He could be any kind of player, but it sure doesn't seem like he minds who joins along behind him. I know that I would only call that amount of chips if I were way ahead and needed some people to catch up.

Dave S