PDA

View Full Version : Huge pot, 33 unimproved

rory
08-12-2004, 06:23 PM
PP 15/30, Full Table

This is my 20th or so hand at the table-- it is pretty loose, 4-5 per flop with a fair amount of raising. Fishy in this hand is not so great, cold calling raises with A6o and spraying chips postlfop.

EP calls, I call UTG+2, Fishy calls, SB calls, BB raises all call.

Flop is 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB bets, EP calls, I raise, Fishy calls two cold, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn is 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, checked to me and I bet. Fishy raises, SB folds, BB calls two cold, UTG folds, I call.

River is 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to Fishy who bets, BB folds I call.

-rory

Nightwish
08-12-2004, 06:56 PM
I would fold this preflop in UTG+2, especially at a table "with a fair amount of raising" (your own words).

After that, it's fine. Big pot on the river, but you shouldn't have been there to begin with.

Garland
08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it is pretty loose, 4-5 per flop

[/ QUOTE ]

With conditions like this, I think 33 is still playable, even with "a fair amount of raising". As long as it's not 4-5 capped preflop then it should be good. Just flop or drop.

Garland

risen
08-12-2004, 07:27 PM
What I'm noticing alot on recent posts with small to medium PP's is Flop or Drop is the rationale preflop, and then people keep looking for reasons to not drop until they're calling the river with an unimproved PP and costing themselves more money than they bargained for. Not that this happened here, but it seemed a convenient place to make this post. I'd be worried about Ax having a piece of this board, but what can you do?

MtSmalls
08-12-2004, 07:37 PM
I think that the Fish coming alive for a raise on the turn screams either a deuce (as in A-2) or a bigger pair. He could have A-5 for TP, but would he raise into strength with that. You mentioned that he was "spraying chips postflop". Too, I'm not sure I like the flop bet all that much. At the end of the hand, the turn and river don't really mean much. If you were behind on the flop, you are still behind. If you were ahead, you're still ahead..

JasonP530
08-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Risen is right in that you cant afford to get to showdown all the time with any pair. That makes you a calling station. The only thing that he would raise the turn with that you beat is a straight(with A3). I guess that leaves you with 4 outs if noone has 55 or 44. I wouldnt look for this type of player to raise the turn with an overpair. It certainly looks like hes there in some capacity, and it doesnt look like you have drawing odds on the turn. Since you got to the river, fire it in there and pray he had a straight.

rory
08-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Results

The Fishy dude shows 38s and my hand is good. I thought the turn and river played itself-- I am not going to lay down an open ender on the turn and on the end I can beat a bluff on the river in a monster pot.

The flop raise was pretty weak though and so was the preflop call. When I made both I thought I was getting a little stupid and it appears that most of the posters on here agree. Thanks for the feedback.

-rory