PDA

View Full Version : Standard turn fold?

joker122
08-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Party 5/10

Villian is loose and cold calls alot of pre flop raises. He's not particularly aggressive though.

I have Kd, Kc in the CO. Folded to me and I raise, button calls, blinds fold.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6d, Jc, 8s ]

bet, call.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ah ]

Bet, raise, fold or call?

Legian
08-12-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ah ]

Bet, raise, fold or call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you made a typo. You're first to act in the cutoff, right? In that case your turn options are to bet or check. Or am I misreading your post somehow?

If I'm reading it right I bet out on the turn.

Legian

joker122
08-12-2004, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you made a typo. You're first to act in the cutoff, right? In that case your turn options are to bet or check. Or am I misreading your post somehow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet, he raised, and I asked "fold or call?"

tripdad
08-12-2004, 06:30 PM
is he a player who will take a crack at you on the turn w/ a J or a 9T for the draw? what is his image of you? if he's straight up, you should fold. if not, call him down. if someone says to re-raise, i'll puke.

cheers!

Guido
08-13-2004, 06:02 AM
re-raise /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I call down against an unknown.

Guido

Zele
08-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Call down. It's probably close against an unknown, but I've seen enough slowplayed flopped top pairs, (somewhat reasonable) semibluffs, and even pure shots to lay it down.

A little read could tip it the other way, however.

fnord_too
08-13-2004, 09:10 AM
With no read I call this down. This could be a lot of things, most of them bad (I see 2p or a set in this situation a lot), but I think you are winning enough times to make this at least close even if it is -EV.

I would also consider my table image, if I haven't had a hand in a while or have had to fold the past few hands I have played, I am more inclined to show this down since I might be perceived as someone who can be run over easily. If I have been showing down nothing but good hands and thought my bets were getting respect, I would be more inclined to fold this.