PDA

View Full Version : N.J. Governor McGreevey

lu_hawk
08-12-2004, 05:18 PM
What's the over/under on how long his marriage is going to last?

GWB
08-12-2004, 05:23 PM
The Democrats are playing games in New Jersey again. (Remember the Torricelli withdrawal in 2002, after the legal deadline, liberal court let the Democrats make a switch contrary to the law?)

By putting off his resignation, McGreevey will deny the people of New Jersey the right to replace him in an election this November. Instead the Democrat Senate leader will act as Governor without the people of New Jersey having any choice. Democrats - subverting democracy in New Jersey yet again.

The Armchair
08-12-2004, 05:24 PM
16 months. He still has other scandals to deal with.

vulturesrow
08-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Nicely said..interesting how one can resign two months in advance. Its an obvious ploy to prevent a Republican from taking the governorship (which is a very possible scenario right now in Jersey) and thus helping Bush's cause in that state.

elwoodblues
08-13-2004, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its an obvious ploy to prevent a Republican from taking the governorship (which is a very possible scenario right now in Jersey) and thus helping Bush's cause in that state.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, for one, am shocked to see that the governor would do something for political reasons.

What do you expect? He's a politician.

vulturesrow
08-13-2004, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I, for one, am shocked to see that the governor would do something for political reasons.

What do you expect? He's a politician.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know, I guess I expect that if he feels compelled to resign, then he should so immediately in order to give the people of New Jersey a chance to choose their governor. I mean the way the Democrats are always talking about how they want to protect the right to choose, I would think this would be a no brainer.

elwoodblues
08-13-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dont know, I guess I expect that if he feels compelled to resign, then he should so immediately in order to give the people of New Jersey a chance to choose their governor

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why neither you nor I are politicians.

vulturesrow
08-13-2004, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And that's why neither you nor I are politicians.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so. I find it very disappointing as a person that believes strongly in the American political and economic system that it has become like this on all sides.

Zeno
08-13-2004, 12:13 PM
This is a bit of a side issue and deals with semantics perhaps, but I saw quite a few headlines that stated that the New Jersey 'Governor in resignation' is 'Gay'. Given his marriage etc, I would think the more accurate and appropriate term would be Bisexual.

‘Gay’ (as appropriated by politically active homosexuals etc.) has turned inward on itself and become such a generic and/or fuzzy term that it seems, in some situations, to have lost punch and meaning.

I suppose I could go look the word up in the OED. OK, I will.

Gay: (Of a person, sometimes spec. a man) homosexual; of or pertaining to homosexuals; (of a place etc.) intended for or frequented by homosexuals. Chiefly colloq.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the over/under on how long his marriage is going to last?

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be all the usual platitudes from the couple I suppose with mutual respect etc tossed out for good measure for the mob to maul over, but in the end; one year is what I give the 'marriage' to hold.

Perhaps the laws can be redefined and a type of polygamy can be justified - A triad of a heterosexual woman, a bisexual man, and a strictly homosexual man. That would be an interesting legal tangle.

-Zeno

lu_hawk
08-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I would think that he is gay but has been married because of social pressures. There are probably a lot of people like that. And you can't get elected to high office if you don't parade around with your wife and kids.

nothumb
08-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Zeno,

The fact that he called himself "A Gay American" might have influenced those headlines.

NT

tyfromm
08-15-2004, 04:04 PM
GOV'S EX-AIDE: 'I'M NOT GAY' (http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/18732.htm)

WC64
08-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Saw this on another website I frequent lol

10.) NJ state bird changed to: Swallow
9.) NJ Tpke renamed Hershey highway
8.) NJ raises terror alert level to lavender
7.) We know he didn't like Bush, but this is ridiculous
6.) Now we know why McGreevey enjoyed "polling" so much
5.) What does McGgreevey and the Israeli Navy have in common? Jewish seaman.
4.) NJ DMV to now call rear end accidents - a mcgreevey
3.) Gives new meaning to stuffing the ballot box
2.) NY Post headline... McGreevey goes down
1.) Shouldn't take McGreevey long to get out of the Governors Mansion, he's already got his sh!t packed!