PDA

View Full Version : TT on the button

bisonbison
08-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Party 3/6 table.

UTG player seems decently Taggy. MP player is very loose, and gets kind of crazy sometimes. BB is similar to MP.

Preflop: I'm on the button with T/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The table's about 8 handed.

UTG raises, MP coldcalls, I 3-bet, BB cool-calls 2, UTG calls, MP caps, all call.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
check, check, MP bets, I raise, BB calls 2, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB check, MP bets, I call?????, BB raises, MP 3-b, I CALL??????????????, BB calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
check, bet, call, fold.

Someone please yell at me.

papawawa
08-12-2004, 04:18 PM
bison,
there's so many things wrong with your thread, most importantly you neglected to use your own converter! Also how can UTG fold the flop and then 3-bet the turn??
Anyway, I think you should've folded after BB called 2 cold on the flop and then raised the turn when the 3rd diamond hit. Good aggressiveness; know when to say when.

bisonbison
08-12-2004, 04:20 PM
I can't get the party hand history, it's screwed up. Fixed the turn betting thing.

I think I must have been tilting to call the turn raise.

Garland
08-12-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: 4
BB check, MP bets, I call?????, BB raises, MP 3-b, I CALL??????????????....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm looking to fold right about there...

Garland

W. Deranged
08-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Wow, there really is a lot to talk about on this hand.

1. The pre-flop action is strange, but really quite representative of some things I've seen from maniac types at these limits. It seems there is a certain kind of player who will call a raise (or even limp) when the action first comes to them, and then will cap-it if it gets three-bet behind them, for no other ostensible reason than they figure "oh, what the hell, we might as well cap-it." (He probably has KJ or something like that...)

Needless to say, with your read on MP, I really doubt he's playing a monster KK or AA "second hand low," though that is usually what such a pre-flop bet means from a good player.

2. With you putting in the last legitimate raise pre-flop (maybe I'm not giving MP enough credit, but...) the two queens are really not that scary a flop for you, and your hand is going to be good a huge percentage of the time. So I love the raise on the flop.

3. I don't really know what to do with the big blind here, but I have to figure that his calling two cold on the flop means either a flush draw, a slow-played Q, or a really terrible play. When he check-raises the turn, my temptation is to eliminate the "terrible play" option and think you're beat. I don't give too much credit to MP's three-bet, but it should have added extra encouragement to fold on the turn. (Folding to one bet from BB's check-raise is maybe correct here).

Trix
08-12-2004, 04:38 PM
I muck this preflop to a decently taggy UTG raiser.

I´m not sure if you can fold ealier than the 3bet on the turn. MPs turn bet is kinda weird, not sure what that means.

MoreWineII
08-12-2004, 05:44 PM
PF raise by taggy UTG is scary, but I don't see how you can do anything other than 3-bet with the button.

Flop: Nice. Must have made you happy when UTG shut it down.

Turn: Whoa. The betting is really weird, so it's hard to put these guys on a range of hands especially given their laggy tendencies. Still I think it's safe to say you're beat and are drawing to probably two outs. The MP lead out just really throws me off. I mean what the hell *is* that?

hutz
08-12-2004, 06:13 PM
/images/graemlins/mad.gif <--- this is as close to yelling as the smilies get on here

A tightish, aggressivish player raises UTG and gets a single caller? Fold pre-flop.

bisonbison
08-12-2004, 06:19 PM
MP had 44, turning the boat.

MoreWineII
08-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Ni han.

StellarWind
08-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Coldcall /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

There, I said it. This is the rare hand where the correct preflop play, if you choose to play at all, is to coldcall. You are playing this hand for volume and not because you think your hand is better than UTG. Do not increase the cost of playing or push the blinds out when your basic objective is to flop a set.