PDA

View Full Version : AA how would you proceed? Lay down?

KHALI
08-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Paradise Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t10 (10 handed)

MP2 (t1435.00)
Hero (t1055.00)
CO (t710.00)
Button (t760.00)
SB (t1135.00)
BB (t1740.00)
UTG (t975.00)
UTG+1 (t1095.00)
UTG+2 (t135.00)
MP1 (t960.00)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of t10.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, CO folds, Button calls t75, SB (poster) folds, BB calls t55.

Flop: (t235) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, Button folds, BB calls t150.

Turn: (t535) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks

Two questions. First is the flop bet too small? Should be pot sized right even if that means I only win t235?(knowing this guy he would call almost any bet except a push) Second how would you proceed after this turn? I definitely put him on two big cards and thought QK was distinct possibility(or JQ,JK) but how you proceed from here if he checks. Would you check it down? Bet and pull out your hair and fold if raised? Push em in and close your eyes?

Nottom
08-12-2004, 04:13 PM
I vote for checking and calling a river bet.

hummusx
08-12-2004, 04:52 PM
You've got a flush and a straight draw out there, and I'm pretty sure we can both agree that winning 235 is better than losing. I'd bet at least the pot, probably just a little bit over.

After that...man it's hard to say. If he called the larger flop bet, I guess I'd probably check behind him and see what the river brought. Actually, knowing me, I'd probably take another shot and see what happened. If he called I'd check/fold on the river.

NegativeEV
08-12-2004, 05:00 PM
In TPFAP, there are a few mentions of a theory that you should not bet on the turn when last to act if you hate to get reraised (in a NL tourney). This has few applications IMO, but this is one of them. In this case you don't have a weak hand that would welcome a reraise so that you can clearly lay down a loser, nor do you have such a strong hand that you welcome a reraise for additional value. You hate a reraise in this cirumstance, so I'd be inclinded to check through if possible.

unfrgvn
08-12-2004, 05:06 PM
To me his play is of someone on a draw, the hard part is deciding if it is the flush draw or the str8 draw and the K got him there. If he had KQ I don't see him checking to you on the flop with a flush and str8 board.. I suppose another possibility is something like KJ and he didn't want to bet middle pair on the flop and now is leery of the str8 board. To me his most likely holding is Ax of spades. I think I would push since a pot sized bet here on the turn is more than half of your chips. If he has you beat right now you will be drawing thin but still have some outs, but I think you have the best hand.

PITTM
08-12-2004, 05:39 PM
keeep on checkin, hopefully the river is a 10, haha.

rj