PDA

View Full Version : Cheating

nutstraight
08-12-2004, 02:42 PM
I was playing in my weekly game, when I noticed the host like to hold the deck when he deals. I suspect he's using a peeking technique. Also evey once in awhile I catch the host and his friend looking at the down cards a bit longer than usual. This can either be the way they play or the cards are marked somehow.

Has anyone come across cheaters and do you just walk out on the game or say something? What if I'm wrong and they are on the up and up?

Richie Rich
08-12-2004, 02:45 PM
You'll probably get better feedback over there.

daryn
08-12-2004, 02:49 PM
no holding the deck when dealing!

that will take care of it.

berya
08-12-2004, 04:20 PM
"Also evey once in awhile I catch the host and his friend looking at the down cards a bit longer than usual."

I would suspect the cards are marked. Had a simular experience which cost me a few hundred playing blackjack. Don't play there.

AlphaMeridian
08-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Excuse my naivety, but how would holding the deck let him see cards...or rather, how do you deal WITHOUT holding the deck?

-Alpha

beginner
08-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Ask another player(s) in private whether they've noticed something similar. If they are wondering the same thing you are, then there could be something to it.

In general though, if I noticed something that even suggests that someone is cheating I would simply not play there anymore.