PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Suits

Rushmore
08-12-2004, 01:50 PM
I dress fairly well. I never wear old clothes, and all of my clothes are tailored, and pretty pricy.

So, that being said, why do I get a shine on my jackets? And how do I remove the shine?

Please note: the shine is not due to age, as I begin to detect the shine under direct light after only a month or two.

Please further note: my theories for the cause are dry cleaning solution and hair care products.

I have no theories about the removal of said shine.

Please help. Armani, Lauren, and Canali are getting wealthy off me.

Boris
08-12-2004, 01:59 PM
For the suits don't get them dry cleaned very often. Tell the cleaners that you only want them pressed.

P.S. - Why do you waste so much money on clothes?

Rushmore
08-12-2004, 02:07 PM
So you suspect the cleaning solution. Dry clean less often. Excellent. Just press. Great. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. - Why do you waste so much money on clothes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am a business owner, and find myself most effective in the workplace when I am dressed in the appropriate attire. I am not sure why.

Also, perhaps, because I am not frugal by any stretch of the imagination. I feel that money is to be spent, so long as it does not jeopardize one's lifestyle.

I drive a nice car, and I wear nice clothes. I live in a nice home, and I eat good food.

I don't shoot dope, and I don't buy prostitutes.

I guess it's a tradeoff.

cardcounter0
08-12-2004, 02:09 PM
You had me until that prostitutes thing. Why skimp? I always like true professional service.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vulturesrow
08-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Rushmore,

Ditto what boris said (minus the added postscript). Your suits really dont need to be cleaned very often at all. A light steam and press is usually more than sufficient. IF you do get a stain or something, have the cleaning service spot clean it. And make sure you have a reputable dry cleaner. They can make you or break when you are spending your money on nice clothing.

Chris

nicky g
08-12-2004, 02:59 PM
"I don't shoot dope, and I don't buy prostitutes"

Yeah I smoke dope and hire prosititues too /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Rushmore
08-12-2004, 07:02 PM
See, now THAT'S good advice.

I love 2+2 Publishing, and the forums that they provide!

Rushmore
08-12-2004, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I smoke dope and hire prosititues too .

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I have a tell.

rtrombone
08-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Rushmore,

The shine is definitely caused by dry-cleaning. For it to be noticeable a mere two months after you bought your clothes, you must dry-clean fairly regularly.

Most people don't understand how damaging dry-cleaning is to clothes. They saturate the fabric with pretty damn powerful chemicals. In general, the more expensive clothes are, the more delicate and hence more likely to be damaged by the dry-cleaning process.

If you care about your clothes (and if you own Canali or better, you almost certainly care a great deal), you shouldn't dry-clean more than ONCE A YEAR. Just make sure to hang them properly when you get home, take off your jacket when you sit down, etc. If you sweat like a pig you're assed out.

If you do a google search you'll find lots of good stuff on proper care for clothing.

Rushmore
08-12-2004, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you care about your clothes (and if you own Canali or better, you almost certainly care a great deal), you shouldn't dry-clean more than ONCE A YEAR. Just make sure to hang them properly when you get home, take off your jacket when you sit down, etc. If you sweat like a pig you're assed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice.

I do not sweat like a pig. I am glad, then, that I am not assed out, because that sounds awful.

Vehn
08-12-2004, 11:20 PM
See that's ironic, because I buy dope and shoot prostitutes.

Rushmore
08-13-2004, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
See that's ironic, because I buy dope and shoot prostitutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weren't you recently featured on Forensic Files?