PDA

View Full Version : trying Party 1/2 -- KJs heads up

tiltaholic
08-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Any thoughts?
1/2 confuses me. Still haven't had a winning session.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (5.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

Nottom
08-12-2004, 01:15 PM
This line is OK.

dfscott
08-12-2004, 01:41 PM
You're not alone -- I feel your pain (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=915179&amp;page=0&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1#Post916004915179).

One thing I've noticed is that people seem to go for the free card play a lot at 1/2. I think there's some merit to betting the turn here, especially since you picked up the nut SD. Of course, I've lost so many hands lately by 1 or 2 pips that I'm probably not thinking clearly...

I'm having a hard time putting the CO on a hand -- I can't see what he would raise with pre-flop and then check the turn with. Did he have JJ?

tiltaholic
08-12-2004, 01:48 PM
hey-
funny. i just finished posting on your thread...
yah. i know how you feel too. i put him on JJ or TT based on that reasoning too. I'll post the results later today in case more people respond.
-t

DeathDonkey
08-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi dfscott,

My limited experience at this level is the opposite of yours, I have seen very few free card play raises. I think you can fold to the flop raise, but everyone will tell me I have odds to call and hit a 5 outer on the turn I assume.

I like the turn and river, if the plan was to fold to a bet on the turn.

I say hero loses to AJ.

-DeathDonkey

tiltaholic
08-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi -

Guess it was kind of a boring hand. But thanks for the reassurance.

CO had A9o to win. /images/graemlins/mad.gif 3-bet pf?? Never would have thought it. What annoys me is when I'm playing .5/1 I see that and think, bring it on, you can 3-bet me all day with A9o. At 1/2, I think I'm playing a table full of super-geniuses - clearly he was limiting the field in case I had KJs and an ace was going to flop....I have problems.
-t

DeathDonkey
08-12-2004, 05:01 PM
1/2 players are either loose aggressive or tight passive preflop and on the flop. On the turn and river they are all tight passive. You should have checked the river and called a bet, as the tight-passive 1/2 players will only call this river if you are beat.

-DeathDonkey

tiltaholic
08-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Hmm.
I think I disagree, but I could be wrong. I agree to the extent that if he raises the river, I fold, because he would only raise a hand that I definitely can't beat.
But he could be weak, in which case if I bet the river he folds.

??
-t

DeathDonkey
08-12-2004, 05:25 PM
He is weak. That's why he checked and called the turn and river with top pair. If he folds this river, you were ahead already, no way he folds an ace. The 1/2 tables are tight and passive, so there's not as much money to be made, but the players pretty much play their hands face up, so its easy to know where you are at. The flop raise this time says "ace".

-DeathDonkey

tiltaholic
08-12-2004, 05:32 PM
ah, I see what you're saying.