PDA

View Full Version : Getting better with poker tracker?

ShaneM
08-12-2004, 06:46 AM
I have been playing poker for a few months now. I made a few hundred dollars playing .5/1 before I bought poker tracker, and since then I have played about 6000 hands ranging from 1/2 to 5/10 limits. In those hands I have broken almost exactly even overall. I have heard poker tracker can be a great tool, but I am not really sure what types of things I should be looking at to improve my game. I have found the summary helpful since I have a few players whom I have played nearly 1000 hands with. Normally I don't pay as much attention as I should, or I play more than one table at a time, so it allows me to pickup on things I may have missed in game. But beyond that what should I be looking at?

stoxtrader
08-12-2004, 09:46 AM
definitely use the note exporter single greatest tool in PT. Also, it sounds like you are jumping around in limits a bit - I would suggest use strict bankroll requirements to guide you through your upward limit progression... somehting like play a limit you have 200-300 BBs, then move up when you hit 200+ for the next level but move down if you ever get below 150BB for that level. This is risker that some wouls suggest and b ankroll is generally an individual decision - just use my formula, but plug in the numbers that work for you.