PDA

View Full Version : two sites at once?

ilovemyZ
08-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Hey everyone,

Does anyone play at two different sites at once (i.e 1 table of Pacific, 2-3 tables of Party, etc.) If so, does this slow your computer down, create confusion, or cause any other unforseen problems?

Thanks in advance,
Z

Sheriff Fatman
08-12-2004, 05:28 AM
I do this quite regularly without problems.

The only hassle is that that the toolbar sometimes gets crowded (especially if you're playing tournaments) as there's more than one lobby screen on display. If they start to sit on top of one another then clicking on a particular table takes two clicks, not one (not exactly a major issue!)

I like to do this if I'm playing two formats at the same time (i.e limit ring games and a No-Limit Tourney) as it makes it easier to differentiate the two.

Sheriff

PS: I should have mentioned that I use 1600x1200 resolution so can get 4 tables on screen without overlap. The smaller the screen the more chance of confusion but its still unlikelt to be a big issue.

WC64
08-12-2004, 01:43 PM
I also like to play 2 sites at once. The only problem tends to be that the toolbar gets crowded because I usually have aol and yahoo messenger open along with an internet site.

PapaSan
08-12-2004, 08:01 PM
It depends...
How much ram do you have, and which 2 sites u want to play and what kind of connection u have.
For example pacific is a resource hog but low on bandwith.
I usually have 3 different sites going wit no problem but i have a high end comp.

AncientPC
08-12-2004, 08:21 PM
I don't think comp specs are an issue unless you have a bottom of the barrel computer (and at the rates these days, buy a new one with your poker winnings!). Bandwith may or may not be an issue, I don't see how taxing it can be.

Desktop space / monitor size is probably the biggest issue, and you can fix that by using virtual desktop managers (i.e. having more than one "desktop" at once).

Atropos
08-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Yes I do this from time to time, but I have noticed it's much more pressure to play 2 tables at 2 sites than 4 tables at one site.