PDA

View Full Version : 2+2SNGv2.0 Spreadsheet Up and Running!

Jurollo
08-12-2004, 03:47 AM
Ok so this is version 2. This biggest addition is the dynamic chart feature that was implemented. Thanks again to the folks at tilthappens.com for putting this in place, should have another update up later this week with marcotte's changes but I am taking a couple days to relax at the beach before I do that. Enjoy the newest version though! Thanks to everyone for working on it.

Big TR
08-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Sorry, I'm dumb. Is the file link the same as the previous thread?

Marcotte
08-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Enjoy the beach Jurullo. I will be also taking a couple days off relaxing in front of the PS2 with Madden 2005 so I won't have too many SNGs to track for at least a week. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jurollo
08-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Oops, no file link....
here it is....

http://www.tilthappens.com/files/2Plus2SNGV2.zip

It was late last night when I posted so I forgot, oops!

callumruss
08-12-2004, 06:37 PM
what a fantastic tool...

keep up the good work

kennyruss

Dominic
08-14-2004, 05:02 AM
First of all, thanks! this is a big help for my 10-handed SNGs.

2nd of all, I'm a goober when it comes to spreadsheets...since I play on UB, is there a way I can convert the 10-handed spreadsheet to 6-handed? I can change the numbers in the entries tab, but it still counts a 3rd place finish - which doesn't pay at UB - as an ITM, thus skewing my ITM and ROI stats....and of course, the finishes graph is part of the ITM slice of the pie chart...and my 3rd place finished are also green instead of red...

any easy way for me to change these things?

Phill S
08-14-2004, 08:50 AM
wow.

i set up a spreadsheet of my own to try and do similar calcs, but frankly i dont have the knowledge to get into the depths of this.

copied accross my results, and i only wish id got it sooner than last night.

nice one guys, loving it.

Phill

parappa
08-14-2004, 09:16 AM
This is fantastic. Thanks for the work you put in on it--it's really an excellent tool, and I use it constantly.

Doctor Teller
08-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Bravo!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JustOnce
08-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Great tool! Just started using it today, appreciate the work.

eastbay
08-14-2004, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok so this is version 2. This biggest addition is the dynamic chart feature that was implemented. Thanks again to the folks at tilthappens.com for putting this in place, should have another update up later this week with marcotte's changes but I am taking a couple days to relax at the beach before I do that. Enjoy the newest version though! Thanks to everyone for working on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the $/hr field take into account that some of the durations may be overlapping? It looks like it doesn't. That will produce hugely skewed numbers for people who multi-table, won't it?

eastbay

durron597
08-14-2004, 01:49 PM
There's a field for "average number of tables played at once" that should make the $/hr field more accurate.

AleoMagus
08-14-2004, 04:40 PM
True, A really accurate $/hr figure would calculate based on tourney duration, taking into account all overlapping times.

All that I did to try to keep it simple was just have an entry field where Players inputed 'average number of simultaneous tourneys'.

the $/hr calculation uses this as a multiplier

To have the spreadsheet just somehow figure out which durations overlap based on start times would be an excellent addition to this spreadsheet

Regards
Brad S

Phill S
08-15-2004, 10:03 AM
ive amde a couple of changes to the spreadsheet.

first, i set it up to calculate figures in pounds on top of dollars for the significant figures (profit, cash outs, profit/hr). this is just for me, as i like to work in sterling, but PM me if you want to know how to set it up.

however what i think would be a good edition is a weekly calc in the splits page.

no of Ts played, weekly ITM, ROI, Hours played, Profit/Hr. i have it so i manually update my figures at the end of the week, however setting something up to do this automatically would be helpful to more than just me im sure.

Phill

sebumd
08-16-2004, 03:27 AM
When using this spreadsheet...If I play mostly $10 SNGs but also $20 occasionally, is it okay to just enter the $20 SNGs twice or will this skew all of the data.. is it better to just keep 2 seperate logs?

Phill S
08-16-2004, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When using this spreadsheet...If I play mostly $10 SNGs but also $20 occasionally, is it okay to just enter the $20 SNGs twice or will this skew all of the data.. is it better to just keep 2 seperate logs?

[/ QUOTE ]

how will entering the 20 dollar games twice help?

put basicly its designed for one buy in level only. just start up a new sheet for each buy in.

Phill

Marcotte
08-20-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To have the spreadsheet just somehow figure out which durations overlap based on start times would be an excellent addition to this spreadsheet

[/ QUOTE ]

I’ve continued to tinker with the spreadsheet and have found a way to calculate total time played not counting overlaps. Currently it is such that you have to enter the tournaments in the exact order they started (ending time doesn’t matter). For Example:

1. 7:00pm
2. 7:00pm
3. 7:30pm
Is ok, but
1. 7:00pm
2. 6:45pm
3. 6:50pm
Is not.

It does take date into account, so if tourney 2 in the second set above was on the following day, it would be ok.

I’m not 100% finished with it, and I’d like to make it more robust so it can hand tourneys in any order, but I’ve got the major work done. Also, I have added a Tourney structure page. You enter in the various structures you play (buy-in, vig, # players and payout%) and then they are available from a pull-down list on the Entry page. Once I get everything put together I will email it to Jurollo and Aleo (if I can find your addresses – I know I had them at one time) so one of them can update the link. Or if you can’t wait, PM me your email address and I will send it to you.