PDA

View Full Version : Was I A D*ck?

RPatterson
08-12-2004, 03:29 AM
I know I wasn't but I think it's funny how big of a crybaby my opponent was.

We're in the money now and 3rd place has been sitting out awhile. Which shows how stupid 4th place was. 3rd place sitting out guy has only a couple hundred less chips than the other guy who I have covered by about 3 times.

Mr. 3rd is relatively close to getting blinded out so I just start raising every hand all-in. Eventually my opponent makes a horrible call with K8 and wins and I type "I guess you want to finish 3rd instead of 2nd" into the chat box and he types something back like "just chill, wait for him to bust and then we'll battle". To this I replied "I don't have to wait for him to bust out, you do". And continued raising every hand all-in until 3rd place guy busted.

After the neverending course of 2nd best hand and all-in dominated hand suckouts that occur everytime I go headsup my opponent wins and then types "shouldn't have been a dick".

What a crybaby. I wish his K8 wouldn't have held up and he finished 3rd like he deserved to for being a total moron. Oh well.

deacsoft
08-12-2004, 04:12 AM
Typing anything in the chat box besides "nh" or "does the brown trout sleep in the closet?" is pointless.

RPatterson
08-12-2004, 04:35 AM
I like it when people type [censored] like "do you have the Ace?". As if they are going to get some kind of tell from their computer screen when they throw that into the chat box.

MikeGuz
08-12-2004, 05:17 AM
Point of your post is you got out played heads up and wanted to whine about it.

BTW - Nothing seem dumber to me than the endless "NH" "VNH" comments usually found in lower level games and free rolls or FPP games - makes me wanna scream - usually it is some female who feels compelled to say something after evere bloody hand - talk about morons.

RPatterson
08-12-2004, 05:22 AM
I don't like when a dumbass plays some trash hand and catches a flop and all the other fish type "nh".

Oh and if getting outplayeld means getting outflopped over and over then yeah I was outplayed.

Phill S
08-12-2004, 05:28 AM
when i see a ncie hand, i say nh, when i see AA v KK all in, i say vnhs, if the same KK beats AA all in its ul or vul, when someone outplays me i curse at the computer then type wp.

it helps my nice-guy persona. plus i sometimes compliment suck outs and inside straight chasers. (something along the line of gutsy play, n1).

show them the smiling nice guy without, and hide the smiling assassin within.

Phill

RPatterson
08-12-2004, 05:30 AM
If you are constantly typing "nh" they are probably thinking that you are just a tool.

Phill S
08-12-2004, 05:37 AM
oh its true, i dont type nice hand after every hand.

that would look stupid.

although, i may try it in a game just as an experiment of how they react.

Phill

Peter Harris
08-12-2004, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are constantly typing "nh" they are probably thinking that you are just a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]
which is exactly what i want them to think. If they get tilted by someone saying nh to someone else, then they won't be doing so well against me...

Regards,
Pete Harris

Zaebos
08-12-2004, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
usually it is some female who feels compelled to say something after evere bloody hand - talk about morons.

[/ QUOTE ] And how do you know that they are female?

mistrpug
08-12-2004, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
usually it is some female who feels compelled to say something after evere bloody hand - talk about morons.

[/ QUOTE ] And how do you know that they are female?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a poker player. He knows a few things about odds. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

whiskeytown
08-12-2004, 10:02 AM
yes...you were a dick.

question answered?

RB

ilya
08-12-2004, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes...you were a dick.

question answered?

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

cosign

SixgunSam
08-12-2004, 10:37 AM
When I say "nh" it's usually directed to the dumbass who chased his gutshot straight-draw all the way to the river, where he caught and sucked out on me. I want him to do the exact same thing the next time I have a big hand. Positive reinforcement! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sabre170
08-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Once, multitabling, I typed nh at a random moment into the wrong chat box.

It was then I realized that it is virtually always apropos.

I got a well-mannered "ty" in reply. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

durron597
08-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Technically, there is no reason your opponent should let you take all of the blinds. Why should you get the advantage and he shouldn't? If you really were raising literally every hand then I think that his K8 call was, in fact, a good call.

If you lost because you were exposing your stack to him doubling up on you every hand, then that's your fault, not his for taking advantage. Your opponent is in no obligation to let you get the advantage for taking first, because he would much rather take first than second (just like you). If you take second or third in this situation, you got exactly what raising allin every hand should result in.

I have a question: if you raise allin every time you can (because of the guy sitting out) he had started doing the same (raise allin on his button/SB) and you got AA, would you fold? Obviously not. So why would you expect him to do the same with K8 which is a top 30% hand, assuming the blinds were big enough that your strategy would seriously damage his stack?

hyde
08-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes...you were a dick.

question answered?

RB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cosign

I dislike name calling, but you did ask the question. You were a dick.

Cleveland Guy
08-12-2004, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I say "nh" it's usually directed to the dumbass who chased his gutshot straight-draw all the way to the river, where he caught and sucked out on me. I want him to do the exact same thing the next time I have a big hand. Positive reinforcement! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with sixgun on this one. Or when they called my 3xbb raise on j2 suited and hit a j on the flop and 2 on the river vs. my QQ. Let them think they've done well.

Against a player who I have respect for and they hide a monster well I will usually tell them nicely played, or well played. Means a lot more to me than NH.

RavenJackson
08-12-2004, 12:31 PM
I agree with Durron597. The goal was to blind off the player sitting out. IMO this should be done in an equitable manner [ie, you should not get all the blinds]. You were a bully, which is not unheard of in poker; however, you acted for the benefit of a player sitting out and to the detriment of an actual player.

I would have called you a dick as well.

slogger
08-12-2004, 01:56 PM
You are completely missing durron's point and just about everything you said is incorrect.

Whether the original poster here was a d*ck or not is up for anyone's interpretation of his words and actions as conveyed by him. You're entitled to your opinion and I am not taking issue with it in this case.

As for the "goal" or "strategy" component of your post, when there is player who is not at the table, it should NOT be your combined goal to blind that player off. Rather, it should be your individual goal (as at all other times in the tournament) to increase your EV. If raising every hand accomplishes this, then that is what you should do. If folding every hand accomplishes this, then that is the line you should take. The point is that you should not be acting for the benefit of anyone but YOURSELF. You're playing a game and trying to beat ALL of your opponents, whether they are at the table or not. This was durron's point (he was not saying that the initial poster should have agreed to share the absent opponent's blinds, but rather than the present opponent should be willing to take a stand with a decent hand like K8 if he felt that the other guy was trying to run him over).

The initial poster was in no way "acting in favor of the absent opponent at the expense of the present opponent". He was attempting to maximize his chances of winning (again, whether raising every hand was the best means to achieve this goal is questionable).

It would be collusion (i.e., cheating) to agree to take turns stealing the missing player's dead blind until he's busted. What the opponent in the original post suggested is against the rules.

MikeNaked
08-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Yes yes positive reinforcement, have a pleasure pellet, I do the same...but sometimes tilt gets the best of me and I type "nfh" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dominic
08-12-2004, 03:50 PM
if iget into a hand where I'm the dog and I suck out? I just type, "oopsie."

That gets 'em nice and riled!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mikeyvegas
08-12-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was I A D*ck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

RPatterson
08-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Durron you seem to not be paying attention to the fact that 3rd place guy was sitting out, and was going to blind faster than 2nd place guy. It doesn't surprise me since you apparently didn't read or pay attention to my post or you'd know I finished 2nd, headsup, when I stopped the all-in raises after taking a large chip lead. Oooo my play was so stupid wasn't it.

And you comparing K8 to AA is laughable. If I'm going all-in every hand the best hand he can find to call with is K8?

RPatterson
08-12-2004, 04:30 PM
How did I act for the benefit of the player sitting out? He finished 3rd, I expected him to finish 3rd. You guys actually expect me to split the blinds when I don't have to? This isn't a friendly game, if I'm in a position to bully then I'm going to bully. You guys take someone with a large stack bullying the table personally?

RPatterson
08-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Slogger is correct. These guys are suggesting I not only use really stupid strategy, but colllude.

Also even though this guy doubled up with K8 I kept on the raising and by the time sitting out guy was blinded off I had around a 7-1 chip lead. Clearly this was the most positive EV play.

RavenJackson
08-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Point(s) taken.

poboy
08-12-2004, 06:05 PM
7:1 chip lead and he still beat you? ROFLMAO!!!! I can see why you wanted to go all-in before the flop every hand, your opponent clearly outclassed you at playing after the flop. That is just too funny , 7:1 and still lost. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marcotte
08-12-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm going all-in every hand the best hand he can find to call with is K8?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no math wiz, but I'm pretty sure K8 (even offsuit) is a favorite over a random hand.

If I was short stacked HU and my opponent was pushing every hand, I'd probably call with J7os and any 10x or higher suited.

StickyWicket
08-13-2004, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
7:1 chip lead and he still beat you? ROFLMAO!!!! I can see why you wanted to go all-in before the flop every hand, your opponent clearly outclassed you at playing after the flop. That is just too funny , 7:1 and still lost. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...what a d*ck.

Sticky /images/graemlins/heart.gif