PDA

View Full Version : Folding AA short handed

DontRaisePlz
08-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Three people left out of a one table tournament. Blinds are 15-30 and stack mean is 700.

Button = Largest stack by far
Hero (SB) = Medium stack by a slight margin
BB = Short stack, though not in emergency range; super loose player when his money is already in the pot, he doesn't read cards as much as he does completely guess them.

Button folds, Hero picks up AA on SB, raises to 70, 40 to play, BB calls.

Pot size = 140
Flop comes 3-6-10 rainbow.
I attempt to represent overcards by betting half the pot. He calls.

Pot size = 280
Turn comes a 10
I check and he moves all-in, about 250ish to call.

Should I have bet on the turn for more information? Do I call the all-in? Am I supposed to think he believes I have overcards and is betting with something marginal (but if he did think I have overcards and he had a ten, why doesnt he check back)?

tubbyspencer
08-11-2004, 10:17 PM
I'd call, since the blinds aren't about to eat the short stack any time soon. This is a perfectly reasonable way for the bully stack to play with much less than your hand.

Also, is this a real example? Online? How do you get 3 handed with the blinds at 15/30? (Curiosity, that's all.)

DontRaisePlz
08-11-2004, 10:24 PM
This is a home game, I liked bigger blinds, but nobody was willing to go along and bump it up, and I didn't want to be a wet blanket about it.

tallstack
08-12-2004, 12:29 AM
I am trying to reason whether the BB could have a T.

If I were the BB and I called your PF raise then hit top pair on the flop, I would probably raise your flop bet, but I might think to put in the raise on the turn. If so, and I hit trips on the turn and you check to me, I check behind to give you the opportnunity to bet into me on the river.

I would guess that more often than not your hand is good here.

IMO, I would have bet higher on the flop, since he called youu PF anyways. I would have bet the turn, but since you checked and he bet high, I would call the all-in on the turn thinking he was bluffing.

Dave S