PDA

View Full Version : 5x BB on the button with a feared limper

UncleRemus
08-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Party 30+3, 6 left, BB is 100, and I'm on the button with JTs with 500 chips. However... UTG limps, and he seems to be an extremely solid player. I've seen him limp only once since L1, and that was an UTG limp-reraise with AA. After much deliberation, I opted to fold and hope for another spot.

Anyway, my question is, in a spot like this, with a great push hand, do you make the move despite the read? Or do you fear the unlikely monster?

gergery
08-11-2004, 09:50 PM
UTG will be getting good odds to call and it looks like a small chunk of his stack, so you’re very likely to get called. And JTs is not even in the top 25 ranked hands when going head to head vs. random hands or good hands.

You’re better off folding and getting money in first, even if its with A4 or KQ. Or as decent alternative, calling and hoping more people get in and like their hand. Note: your EV is higher if all 4 people go all-in rather than just 1, because when you hit your hand it will very likely win. Look how little equity your hand loses as more come in the pot:

scenario 1
Js Ts 29.39% win
Ac Kd 27.04% win
8c 8h 23.66% win
5d 4d 19.74% win

scenario 2
Js Ts 40.97% win
Ac Kd 58.61% win