PDA

View Full Version : Trying 'dutch boyd' bluffs

Tharpab
08-11-2004, 08:03 PM
When its near the bubble for some reason everytime I raised preflop and miss the flop(usually with AQ, AK, KQ) I just push it all to the middle, yet I've just lost another 'moneymaker hand', pusing with AQ the maniac called with 33, no help came.
Does anyone here tries this kind of bluff, it think mine is smelling too bullsh*itty, I mean the flop cames 2 5 10, and you put it all after rasing pr, even if they guy is a moron he know I probably woundt raised with 10, does anyone have second barrels tatics?

PrayingMantis
08-11-2004, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When its near the bubble for some reason everytime I raised preflop and miss the flop(usually with AQ, AK, KQ) I just push it all to the middle

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you doing this everytime? it's very important to try and take down the pot if you raised PF and got a caller, whether you hit it or not, especially if you have position. But part of the idea is making a bet that allows you to fold to a big reraise. Pushing will usually make people fold only if they didn't hit too (which is fine, but a smaller bet might achieve it too - this is the whole point!), but hands that beat you will probably call (not always, but in low buy-ins it will be very common). So you get yourself completely invested in the pot, completely exposed, risking too much, and without room to manouver.

Sometimes, in certain situations, it will be the right move (it's a variations on the stop & go, reversed stop & go if you like), but if after a PF raise, you have enough only for a push, you should have probably pushed PF.