PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat: Can it be real?

Marcotte
08-11-2004, 07:57 PM
While playing one night down at Commerce, a guy at the table said he read the following statistic on the WPT website: "60% of Hold Em hands are won on the river".

I asked for more info: "Are these WPT hands? Limit? NL?, Online or B&M?" and "What do they mean 'won'?" Does the underdog come from behind and catch on the river, or does it also count when the favorite impoves on the river?"

Alas, his memory was spotty so I began to suspect he was either an idiot or just trying to get more people to chase. (As if enough didn't already at 2-4).

So has anyone else heard something like this? I tried looking on the WPT site but couldn't find anything.

tubbyspencer
08-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Well I don't doubt that Vince van Patten may have said that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nottom
08-12-2004, 02:17 AM
60% of holdem hands don't even make it to the river in most games. Once they do however, I suppose somebody has to win them there.

Veloso
08-12-2004, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. 49.5% of all second-hand statistic facts are so ambiguously stated as to be worthless.

Thythe
08-12-2004, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't worry about it. 49.5% of all second-hand statistic facts are so ambiguously stated as to be worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I even heard that 60% of statistics are made up.

TiK
08-12-2004, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you hear this statistic??