PDA

View Full Version : AKo in EMP

bisonbison
08-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Party 3/6, 10 handed.

I have AKo in MP1

Folded to me, I raise. Folded to the BB, who calls. I don't have any notes on the BB.

Flop comes T93, two clubs. I have no club. BB checks, I bet, call.

Turn is T of diamonds. BB bets out, I raise, BB calls.

River is a 4 of blank. BB checks. My action is?

Garland
08-11-2004, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My action is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check. Look at his hand. If it contains a "10", make sure to write "weak" in his note.

Garland

busguy
08-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Is it just me ??

sorry misread the post the first time, I thought you were facing a river bet. obviously check but I fold the turn rather than raise.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif busguy

joker122
08-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Just check behind. You're not folding a better hand and a worse hand isn't calling. You're hand has some showdown value so I'd gladly take a free showdown.

W. Deranged
08-11-2004, 06:44 PM
I think a check is probably right here. There are a few better hands that I think a bet might force out here, particularly one of the smaller pairs plus a club draw (if the big blind was defending with K /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif or something like that; you didn't mention which cards were clubs on the flop), but you would have to read your opponent as pretty weak to make a bet there. The turn bet, to me, is confusing, and it seems that most likely it is either a) an uninspired bet by a very weak player with a 10 or b) a sneaky bet by someone with a club draw; against either of these hands, a bet is incorrect. The call of your raise on the turn suggests that your opponent is unlikely to fold for one more bet if he has a 9 or a combo. type hand. So check.

nepenthe
08-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Being that this is Party 3.6, I like the turn raise. You are, of course, folding to any 3-bet.

On the river, I think the gig's up and you must check. You're not folding a better hand (BB probably has a 9 or 3 at least) and you might, although unlikely, have the best hand if BB was on a flush draw. A busted flush draw does one of two things in this situation if you bluff bet: fold, or bluff raise. Neither does you any good.

Trix
08-11-2004, 07:34 PM
I would probably muck the turn against an unknown here.
The pot is 4 BBs after he bets, so you are getting 5:2 when you raise, meaning that your hand will have to be good 28% of the time by the river.
I dont think it will.

I check the river btw.