PDA

View Full Version : Playing TP against a draw

Alexthegreat
08-11-2004, 04:25 PM
A recent hand in a live 4-8 game, no reads, except the player in seat 9 was LAG....

I was in late position, and had K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.....the blinds, the LAG, myself and the button saw the flop....

4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to me....I bet, the button and the LAG called...

Turn was Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet out again, and once again was smooth called by the button, and the LAG called as well.

River was 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

The LAG led out, I called, as did the button, and they both rolled over small flushes....

I'm not sure if I could have played this hand any differently, and I am looking for any advice on how to play my top pair, top two pair, etc....against draws...

D.H.
08-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Not much to say, you should play it just like that. Sometimes people get their flush, you can't really do anything about that.

Alexthegreat
08-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Is their any better way to protect my hand? Is checking the flop and then betting/raising the turn a possibility?especially if the turn isn't a flush card....?

bisonbison
08-11-2004, 04:55 PM
You'll get better responses if you don't indicate the results in the title or give them away at the end.

If the player in seat 9 is a lag, what seat are you? Did you raise this preflop, cause if you didn't, you should. Postflop looks fine.

bisonbison
08-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Is their any better way to protect my hand? Is checking the flop and then betting/raising the turn a possibility?especially if the turn isn't a flush card....?

You lost the pot. It happens. No player will fold a two diamonds here.

sublime
08-11-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure if I could have played this hand any differently, and I am looking for any advice on how to play my top pair, top two pair, etc....against draws...

Raise preflop

And then put your hands together and pray /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

nepenthe
08-11-2004, 05:15 PM
You played the hand postflop the only way it could have been played. Do not ever think that you can make a flush draw fold. It doesn't happen. Ever.