PDA

View Full Version : Tetris!!

BeerMoney
08-11-2004, 03:26 PM
I considered myself a kick-ass tetris player back in the day. (The nintendo version.)

I could beat level 9-5 on version A or whatever (where you just had to get 25 lines) , and I could get like 223 lines in the other version,(where you went for as many lines as possible. For the 223 lines, I started at level 9, and pretty much continued to get tetrises for my first 110 or so lines. My total points were really high, but I can't remember exactly. I put this up here cause I was the best I knew, but I imagine there are some nasty players on here. Please post your tetris accomplishments.

tyfromm
08-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Is this in bad taste?

(wait for animation to start)

http://www.mega64.com/tetristowers.gif

citanul
08-11-2004, 03:46 PM
nt

citanul
08-11-2004, 03:48 PM
i rule at tetris. i don't have random numbers to prove it, but i do.

for any interested, there is a place online that has gambling on tetris. the only problem is that they don't let you play as long as you want, there's only a limited number of levels before game ends. it's not that hard to find, since it's through the msn games website.

citanul

elwoodblues
08-11-2004, 03:49 PM
I once got 246 lines. After 200 you get into a zone where the slightest distraction comes and you lose. At 246, someone opened the door to the room I was in and it was all over. I don't think I would have gotten much further, but who knows. Every once in a while I'll find someone who has the game and I'll play and still get in the mid 220's. The key to the game was using both clockwise and counterclockwise rotation. Most people only used one.

<sigh - I really am a loser>

BeerMoney
08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this in bad taste?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee I don't know. About 3000 people died there. Ton's of people from NY post here. I think you should remove it if you can.

tyfromm
08-11-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this in bad taste?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee I don't know. About 3000 people died there. Ton's of people from NY post here. I think you should remove it if you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a problem with the gif, then you should avoid the source web page (http://www.mega64.com/).

Simon Diamond
08-11-2004, 07:07 PM
This game brings back good and bad memories.

The good - when I got a Game Boy for my birthday and played Tetris non-stop for weeks, completing the said 9-5, 200+ lines, 100000+ points etc.

The bad - my mum (yes my mother) kicks my ass when it comes to Tetris.

Whilst on the subject of puzzle games (I love 'em), please somebody tell me they have played Devil Dice/Bombastic on either PS1 or PS2. Best game ever.

Simon

Simon Diamond
08-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Every once in a while I'll find someone who has the game and I'll play and still get in the mid 220's.

The game is so much better after a hiatus - you end up having to try again in order to get the high scores you achieved in the past.

Simon

jwvdcw
08-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Thats pretty impressive. I remember that I could beat the hardest one on A version, but I could only get low 200s on the other version. Seemed to get literally impossible at 200 IIRC.

jwvdcw
08-11-2004, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Whilst on the subject of puzzle games (I love 'em), please somebody tell me they have played Devil Dice/Bombastic on either PS1 or PS2. Best game ever.

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of it...whats it about?

Ruddiger
08-11-2004, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I considered myself a kick-ass tetris player back in the day. (The nintendo version.)

I could beat level 9-5 on version A or whatever (where you just had to get 25 lines) , and I could get like 223 lines in the other version,(where you went for as many lines as possible. For the 223 lines, I started at level 9, and pretty much continued to get tetrises for my first 110 or so lines. My total points were really high, but I can't remember exactly. I put this up here cause I was the best I knew, but I imagine there are some nasty players on here. Please post your tetris accomplishments.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.tetrinet2.com (http://www.tetrinet2.com)

Boris
08-11-2004, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my mum (yes my mother) kicks my ass when it comes to Tetris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude that is funny. My buddy had a tetris game and we all thought we were pretty good until his mom would kick our asses that game. Maybe its a mom thing.

RocketManJames
08-11-2004, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(The nintendo version.)
For the 223 lines, I started at level 9, and pretty much continued to get tetrises for my first 110 or so lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly... on the Nintendo version, you could do a +10 level by holding A while you hit Start. That way if you were skillful enough to play at level 12, you could start at level 12 and have 120 lines scoring a higher premium, instead of 90 lines at 9, 10 lines each at 10, 11, and 12. I don't recall my highest score, but I don't think I ever did crack the 200K barrier. Got close a few times, but it was a solid barrier for me.

-RMJ

Dynasty
08-11-2004, 10:43 PM
While Tetris was an awesome game, I always liked Klax more. I'm not sure why.

Robk
08-12-2004, 12:59 AM
9-5 is a joke. beat 19-5 and you are a real player.

BeerMoney
08-12-2004, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
9-5 is a joke. beat 19-5 and you are a real player.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't really my claim to fame. I never knew of a trick to make it so that you could play at a higher level. I don't think I could could've done it anyway. To be honest, it really doesn't seem possible, as elwood pointed out, at the higher levels, you can't afford a single mistake, and that's with the whole screen to work with. Post a screenshot with one line left and i'll believe you.

turnipmonster
08-12-2004, 12:38 PM
it's in very bad taste actually.

--turnipmonster