PDA

View Full Version : Straight Flush

namknils
08-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results below:
Hero shows 8c Tc (straight flush, ten high).
CO shows 5s 7d (straight, nine high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB.

<font color="red">
Ok I just wanted to post this hand, this is actually only my first straight flush, and I've been playing for quite a while. Any suggestions on how I could have played it better? </font>

kgrad5
08-11-2004, 03:10 PM
you could have 3 bet the flop, any bet you make where you get 3 or more callers with a flush draw giving you 2-1 odds on the flop is making you money whether the flush comes or not.. as long as your confident 3 people will call

everything else is perfect

btspider
08-11-2004, 03:13 PM
3-bet the flop, you have top pair and a flush draw. you may be able to fold the middle players and improve your chances of winning with 8's. if they call, they add value to your draw. you can also win against a crowd by hitting 2 pair or trips.

Bill Smith
08-11-2004, 03:17 PM
I concur with the others. 3-bet the flop. This is one of the rare circumstances where your hand might already be good without the flush draw. Whether they fold or call, it is to your advantage to reraise. Nice hand.

papawawa
08-11-2004, 03:19 PM
yeah 3-bet the flop

chipjunkie
08-11-2004, 03:21 PM
I don't know...Why three bet it and give them more information that you either have the made pair or the flush draw? You're going to bet out on the turn anyways, so shouldn't you be happy to keep them all around, assuming they're going to come along for the ride on the turn? I mean, if you get 1 of them to come along on the turn, you make up for 1 more bet from two of them, no?

DMBFan23
08-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I think betting, calling a raise, and then betting out (called a stop and go) is more of an indication of a monster than three betting is, since people love to slowplay so much at the micros. if you three bet this flop, IMO most people wont put you on the flush, most dont expect people to play a draw that aggressively.

Nottom
08-11-2004, 04:04 PM
I probably 3-bet the flop, rest looks fine.

Nottom
08-11-2004, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think betting, calling a raise, and then betting out (called a stop and go) is more of an indication of a monster than three betting is,

[/ QUOTE ]

A stop and go is much more often a top pair hand worried about his kicker.