PDA

View Full Version : High Blinds in Tournaments

bighomage
08-11-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm pretty new to poker, but I think I play fairly well heads up. However, in tournaments when it comes down to the last two people and the blinds are being raised every ten hands, it can get pretty tedious. So my question is: When it gets to the point where the BB is roughly 1/5 or so of my stack, is there any good strategies that work? Or does it basically come down to who gets the best cards for the next few hands?

Phill S
08-11-2004, 02:14 PM
it does, basicly.

it helps to have a good table image in your opponants head.

ohh, and getting there with a big stack is pretty key.

i can give you the usual blurb, basicly, be aggressive, dont play with fear, and remember any two can win. finally, knowing the difference between pot committed and drawing dead can help know end.

Phill

2planka
08-11-2004, 02:22 PM
How do you link to previous posts here? Parappa's thread titled "Deciding what to push with when short stacked" (8/3/04)is a good place for the OP to start.

durron597
08-11-2004, 02:23 PM
eastbay says you should push with the top 70% of hands in the small blind, and call any allin in the big blind with a top 30% hand. And I listen to eastbay because he ran a mathematical simulation to prove it.

If he completes or raises smaller, use your read of the player to decide how to proceed.