PDA

View Full Version : Some more hands I have trouble with

fnord_too
08-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Hand 1:
This is a common situaton. I raise preflop with a biggish ace, and get bet into post flop. I think this is a fold with only one overcard and no apparent draws on the board. I did not. When I pick up the gut shot on the turn and he shows weakness, I took a shot, which I also think is a mistake. Just fold this on the flop or is there play left in the hand?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Tc Qc (one pair, queens).
Hero shows As Jd (high card, ace).
Outcome: SB wins 6 BB. </font>

Hand 2:

Pre flop I just called the UTG's raise which was probably too weak. I gave him credit for two paints at least, and wanted to see what the flop brought.

I really like the the flop and c/r. I am not thrilled about the 3-bet, and went into call down mode. Given this flop should I have capped here?

I like the turn and river (it's very unlikely that they hurting me). Should I lead this turn and fold to a raise? Is calling down correct? If I had raised preflop and UTG capped it do you give him credit for an overpair and check fold the turn?

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Hero shows 7d 7h (two pair, sevens and fives).
UTG shows Qs Qc (two pair, queens and fives).
Outcome: UTG wins 9.25 BB. </font>

Hand 3:

Another situation that comes up occassionally. I flop trips in a blind. Do you lead out or check, if you check do you check raise or wait for the turn to do that. I have tried all three, but don't know which is best. Here I think I shold have bet out. It could easily look like I was taking a shot at a board that could have hit the BB. I really would have thought an ace would have bet the flop, so I went ahead and bet the turn. Is there a standard line on this type of hand? If it is to bet out, how often do you bet out in this situation when you don't have the 4?

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds.

River: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Hero shows 4c 5c (full house, fours full of aces).
UTG shows Ah 2s (full house, aces full of fours).
Outcome: UTG wins 8.50 BB. </font>

spydog
08-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Hand 1: With three or more players to see the flop, I fold this when I'm bet into. If I'm HU, I would raise with this raggedy flop. The way it played out, I would check behind on the turn and raise/bet the river if the A or T hits, and folded anything else. Betting the turn after he shows weakness isn't the worst thing, though.

Hand 2: I think you played it fine. I might lead the flop and 3-bet when raised. If he caps, then fold the turn unimproved.

Hand 3: I would lead the flop against 5 players and the Ace showing. Your bet will not scare the Aces, they are likely to raise. Anyone else will fold the turn if you slowplay, but might call 1 bet on the flop.

chio
08-11-2004, 02:16 PM
hand 1, fold this very non-drawy flop, very few hands he could bet with here that you're ahead of or have pot odds to call with, if you're going to play, raise. calling is a distant third