PDA

View Full Version : 88 UTG

rtucker5
08-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I haven't posted a hand in a while, so I figured I would post this one. My opponent was a typical 6 max party player. He was a little loose and a little aggressive.

The game is 5/10 6 max on Party. I open for a raise UTG with 88 and am 3 bet by the next player to act. The SB calls $13 more and the BB folds. I just call.

The flop comes down 9 4 4 rainbow. SB checks, I check, UTG+1 bets. SB folds and I call.

Turn is a J making a flush draw possible. I check and call.

The river is an offsuit 3 and I bet out.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Zele
08-11-2004, 12:44 PM
I would have bet out on the flop. You don't want to continue 3-handed, do you? What were you planning to do if it was bet and called after your check? Neither of the 3 choices looks that good.

I would have bet the turn as well. River looks fine.

spydog
08-11-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't like the bet out on the river. I don't want to be raised as I have no idea where I stand, and I prefer to show this one down. If he's a LAG, I think he'll fire 1 more shot at you if he's behind. By betting out, he may fold that hand.

I like Zele's advice on the flop.

rtucker5
08-11-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet out on the flop. You don't want to continue 3-handed, do you? What were you planning to do if it was bet and called after your check? Neither of the 3 choices looks that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it went bet and call I probably would have called and bet out on a blank turn.

I had no read on the SB and wanted to see what his action was on the flop before I put anymore bets in.

On the turn I figured my opponent would continue betting because I hadn't given him any resistance. I still thought there was a chance I had the best hand, but I wasn't sure.

I bet out on the river because I didn't want AK/AQ to get a free showdown. I also knew my opponent wouldn't raise the river with a worse hand then mine. Maybe it wasn't the best bet, but I knew if I was raised my hand was no good. My bet was for value against AK/AQ.

tripdad
08-11-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My opponent was a typical 6 max party player. He was a little loose and a little aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

how loose of a 3-bettor was he? also, the typical party 6-max player is quite a bit loose, and quite a bit passive preflop.

cheers!