PDA

View Full Version : $12/$24, Pocket 7's

Fianchetto
08-11-2004, 11:30 AM
$12/$24 B&M game.

A little tighter than usual except for one tilting player and one loose wild player.

A note about the loose wild player, he is the button in this hand and is very loose preflop, he will give a lot of action postflop with any type of pair or draw. He has also been caught bluffing recently. He can be hard to read.

Two limpers to me and I limp in MP with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, button (loose wild player) limps, and BB comes along.

5 players (5SB)

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB check, check, 2nd limper bets, I raise, button 3-bets, BB folds, 1st limper folds, 2nd limper calls, I call

3 players (7BB)

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

limper checks, I check, button checks

3 players (7BB)

River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

check, check, button bets, limper calls, I call.

Comments on all streets appreciated, thanks.

Results to follow.

Garland
08-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Flop:

A lot depends on your read of the 2nd limper. Will he bet out his draw, 2nd/3rd pair or a pocket pair under? Is he only apt to bet out top pair/overpair/better?

If the answer to the 2nd question is yes, then you should just fold on the flop, otherwise I really like your raise.

Turn:

Standard.

River:

[ QUOTE ]
check, check, button bets, limper calls, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What in the world would limper call here that you can beat? The only thing he has by now is a 5 or a pocket pair under yours. If he has an 8, 3, pair over 8s or an A, you are beat. True, button may be bluffing like you said, but the combination of button possibly having a hand along with limper definitely having a hand is a clear fold in my opinion.

Now if limper folds, I will certainly call.

Garland

steveyz
08-11-2004, 12:55 PM
I agree with Garland about the river. I don't like the overcall. If limper had folded, then definitely call.

As for the turn, I might bet out here.

mikelow
08-11-2004, 02:23 PM
I would have raised preflop. Also, I might have tried a turn bet as it looks like you have the best hand. On the river, it's close, but fearing Ax of diamonds, just call is correct.

Fianchetto
08-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Why would you raise prefop?

Against 1 limper I can understand a raise, or opening from middle position, sure.

But I had two limpers, and a loose guy behind me. Limping gets it 5-6 way for 1 bet. Raising gets it 3-4 way for two bets each, with a guy behind me who will not be pushed off any type of hand.

Fianchetto
08-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the responses, I was questioning my river call, and it was the main reason I posted the hand.

The limper who bet the flop is capable of betting a draw here, so I thought raising the flop was the best play. I briefly considered waiting for the turn to raise him, but thought there were too many dangerous cards that could hit.

I also felt pretty uncomfortable about the turn getting checked through after the button 3-bet the flop. It is hard for me to bet the turn in that spot, though in hindsight I wish I had.

Results:

The button flips over A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif for a better two pair than me, I never saw the limpers hand as he quickly mucked.

PassiveCaller
08-11-2004, 04:19 PM
the overcall on the river doesn't seem logical in the least bit.