PDA

View Full Version : AA-call two cold on the turn?

CostaRicaBill
08-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I don't have any specific reads (3-tabling) but the table is definately loose aggressive.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Ok, I should have capped here but I was a little gunshy due to a string of tough beats.

Turn: (15 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Here is my main question. Now UTG comes to life with a raise, I'm guessing 55 or 88, but do I call 2 BB's cold here? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

River: (23 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 27 BB, between BB, UTG, Hero and Button.</font>

MarkL444
08-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Cap the flop.

pstripling
08-11-2004, 11:47 AM
I would lean towards a reraise on the turn. The hands I feel he could have would be KJ, KQo, 55 or 88. I like 3 betting it to try and drive the button and the BB out. I want to charge them the max to draw at the flush or straight. A fold would not be a bad play here either, but I don't like the cold call.

MoreWineII
08-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Tough one. I'd lean towards re-raising the turn. You almost certainly have BB beat. Given his action KK is unlikely as he probably would have waited to raise the turn with top set. Any other hand that he has you can beat (or tie with if he's got the case aces).

I'd like to get the button out of there if possible and/or charge him the maximum for whatever draw he's on, and with no specific reads on UTG, I'm not ready to concede that he has me beat yet. If UTG then caps, I go into call-down mode from there on out.

MoreWineII
08-11-2004, 01:02 PM
btw, I just realized that this line might get you a free showdown on the river if you so choose (assuming button folds the turn for 3 cold). yay!