PDA

View Full Version : A quick hand the other night on Absolute

sfer
08-11-2004, 11:10 AM
2/4 8 handed. I post in the BB so this is my first hand. UTG, UTG+1, CO and button limp, SB completes, I check with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

6 to the flop for 6 SBs. Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB bets, your action?

papawawa
08-11-2004, 11:16 AM
fold that. SB is taking very bold action which means he either has a club or balls the size of melons. Either way, you have no way of knowing how the other players will react and the odds are they've got something. Cut your losses and fold.

jrz1972
08-11-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm folding. Small pot, very marginal hand, possible raises to follow after I call, many opponents who can draw out on me in the unlikely event that I'm ahead here.

ChromePony
08-11-2004, 11:59 AM
I might fold this if Im feeling weak, but I think raise is a better option. You likely have the best hand at the moment and you want anyone with a club to pay you the max to try to hit a 4th. Since this will only come 1/3 of the time you are making money on every draw bet that goes into the pot, plus with this raise you represent the made flush or at least the nut draw or some such. If a 4th club does come you can make an easy fold. The only problem comes from an already made flush, which may be tough to put someone on with this board as people will probably bet and raise with all sorts of random hands containing an indeterminate number of clubs. If this is out there it could cost you fairly big, but as they say stop looking for monsters and fear not the flush, more often than not people will be drawing rather than sitting on a made hand.

chief444
08-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Fold. Raising would be my second choice but this looks like a pretty easy fold.

btspider
08-11-2004, 12:26 PM
fold it

jaybee_70
08-11-2004, 12:48 PM
I don't like the idea of folding top pair to 1 sb when nobody behind you has shown strength yet. I don't think a raise would be a good idea here, because a reraise wouldn't necessarily mean you are behind. I think I call here, and call 1 raise. Best case scenerio is hands with no club and no king go away, and nobody has a flush or bigger king. This seems more likely than the worst case scenerio of a flopped flush or bigger king. Am I overly optimistic?

Joe

sfer
08-11-2004, 04:04 PM
I folded. The pot is small and I might have the best hand. If I don't have the best hand, there is little way for me to improve (3 outs to a better K, 2 that don't put a 4 flush on the board) and the entire field is behind me so I could be paying multiple bets on every street. Plus, even if I have the best hand, I have lots of cards to dodge with 2 streets to come. This is a classic reverse implied odds nightmare. Easy, easy fold.