PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods Acts, easy my ass

Toro
08-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Prior to last night I haven't had a chance to play in any of the tiered "Act" Satellites(for a seat to the WPT) at Foxwoods and was looking forward for an opportunity as several posters have commented here how bad the level of competition was and that they were relatively easy to win.

So I get knocked out of the regular tourney and they are soliciting to fill a table for an Act II. I say to myself "perfect timing" and jump in.

So it finally fills and we get ready to get started and I look around the table and immediately spot Paul Darden and then my buddy whispers to me that the young gun in the 1 seat just came in 2nd in a big tourney at Turning Stone. Then Fossilman comes over to the table and asks a couple of the other guys if they're interested in playing 100/200 when they're done.

Yeah, easy my ass. But I competed and could have won it with a couple of breaks and finished 3rd, earning the consolation prize on a re-entry into a future Act II. Hopefully, my table selection will be a little better next time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scorpion
08-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Paul Darden has already made it past an act 3. I wonder why he was playing again?

Toro
08-12-2004, 08:54 AM
If you win a 2nd Act III, I think you get the $10,000.00 in cash.

Sponger15SB
08-12-2004, 11:36 AM
nice game selection!