PDA

View Full Version : This gave me quite an adrenaline rush

Riposte
08-11-2004, 01:12 AM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between Hero, UTG+1 and MP3.</font>

Ric
08-11-2004, 01:19 AM
If you're going to call a flop bet, you might as well bet yourself. The late bet could be any 2, and since you're first after the bet you don't know if you're behind an A or not. If you bet out it gives you a better indication of the field's holdings. Luckily it looks like no one has it.

Edit: Or what Bill said.

Bill Smith
08-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Given your position and the number of players, I would check-raise the flop - it's a great opportunity to force out a large number of players (or get lots of money from broadway draws and smaller pocket pairs) and find out if there's an ace out there. The rest looks goot.

Nottom
08-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Bet the flop, you are either way behind or way ahead. I don't want to checkraise, but I don't want to give a free card either.

If you scooped this pot this hand should be posted everytime someone asks about betting the river.

Riposte
08-11-2004, 01:45 AM
Yep, I won the pot!

I'm trying to remember what I was thinking when I checked the flop... some sort of overwhelming fear or something. I was surprised at the showdown though, I didn't expect to win.

Nottom
08-11-2004, 02:01 AM
I would have expected to win but would have expected for at least half to go somewhere else.