PDA

View Full Version : Run of bad cards?

mandid
08-11-2004, 12:40 AM
HI, I have been playing proffenaly(cant spell) playing lim holdem for a little while now with success, but for the past few weeks have been getting unplayble cards, should i expect this to go on and what can i do till it stops TY all any onfo would be great

Navers
08-11-2004, 12:50 AM
A losing streak could be a hole in your game like playing too many cards preflop because you're sick of bad cards, or if you're plainly just having bad luck, there's no actual reason to think that your losing streak would go on (although possible).

You could move down in limits or take fewer long-term +EV shots, basically to decrease your variance and swings. You won't be as aggressive and would lose out on long-term potential profits but would still have a higher probability of ending up winning for the night.

Webster
08-11-2004, 07:19 AM
Kep a daily record. This way you will see that poker is a VERY streaky game. Good AND bad (if you are a winning player. I have 500 days in my spreadsheet and when I run into ANY streak I can always look at the chart and see that IT WILL END.

Sometimes I feel I should teach the game it's so easy, how can I lose!!!! Well - it soon ends and then I'm wondering if the past 40,000 hands were all luck. I'm recently coming off a 3 week streak of . . . . .breaking even. I've never had a break even streak LOL

I would play 300 hands a night and win or lose $5.

Just look honestly at your hands, look at the hand histories and if you think you are playing well and not winning, it's the cards. Streaks come to an end sooner or later.

The test of a winning player is hw he handles losing streaks.

Last weekend I hand 24 hands with an Ace in it and lost all 24. Streaks suck but they end. 1st 2 hands last night I flopped a straight and the very next hand I flopped KKKAA.

BTW - from another bad speller - you really butchered "proffenaly" LOL I'm not sure what that word is /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fiddler
08-11-2004, 10:12 AM
I know how you feel. I just can't seem to win at the moment either. My VP$IP for the last couple of weeks is around 13% following the SSH recommendations for starting hands which I think is little more than just checking in the BB so I'm pretty sure it is not me. I'm worried I'll click "Fold" automatically the next time I get a playable hand...