PDA

View Full Version : Checkraise Semibluff... Should I have not?

I am fish
08-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Alright, so it's not really a semibluff... But this is what I was thinking.. I check to see how the action goes, and when I saw it was checked to late position bettor, I definetely felt I had to raise to cut down the field because there are bunches of bets in the pot, luckily I hit my King on the turn. It worked out this time.

My question,,, In this situation , should I have come out and bet right out on the flop. I know I have the best two overcards and a backdoor draw to the nut flush, but I don't know, bet on the flop?

Thanks

Entity
08-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Played very nicely. All you were doing was cleaning up your overcard outs, and you played it very well.

Rob

Ray Of Light
08-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Normally I would check call in this flop.

However, in hindsight, your strategy makes perfect sense. You are essentially playing this hand for the overcards, and by raising you are still getting 9-1 implied odds on a 7-1 shot that hit on the turn.

So by raising the flop you are simply clearing out the hangers on to make your overcard outs much cleaner if they hit.

You played the whole hand fine from beginning to end... /images/graemlins/smile.gif