PDA

View Full Version : Was I Too Tight?

RPatterson
08-10-2004, 10:24 PM
We're in like the 3rd or 4th hand on UB, there are 3 limpers and I complete my small blind with Q4s. The flop comes 89T with my flush draw. Early limper minumum bets, both players behind him call as do I. Turn is a Jack, the minumum better now bets pot, first guy behind him calls and next guy raises half his stack.

I still have the flush draw, and I do have the Queen high straight. He could be going ape-[censored] with just the Queen high straight. But at this point, minus his raise, the pot isn't very big. And I'm looking to split it at best. If I call here I'm going to call all-in on the river.

I decided to just fold it, as did everyone else. Anyone think this was too tight? I mean I'm only losing to QK. But again, there seemed little to gain, and alot to lose.

Utah
08-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I would have pushed and put pressure on the other two hands if they have Qs.

You are probably tied with a free redraw. If you are behind you still have 9 outs.

Gramps
08-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah, the fact that the flop bet was a mini-bet means you can't eliminate KQ from the equation (good implied odds to draw to the gutshot with multiple players in the pot). If it was a bigger flop bet, I'd say pushing the Turn would be a good play (since KQ would be unlikely and you could hit a flush on the River to take the whole pot from any other Queens), but there's no shame in folding here. Any Queen (or 8) makes a straight, yet 3 other players like their hands enough to still be in the hand. KQ is a clear possibility, it's early, you'll have other (better) opportunities to get your chips in the middle of the table.