PDA

View Full Version : Crazy action..request comments

nopepper
08-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Let me set it up...

7 handed on Absoulte 5-10

Im UTG with AsQs..I rasie

UTG +2 re-raises (he has 3 bet with any suited connected and any pair)

Button Calls (tricky read..did hesitate, i think he may have been afraid his hand wouldnt play well mulit maybe qq)

Sb Calls, BB calls

I Cap? All Call (first questions, who else caps here)

Flop is QdJs7s

Sb and Bb Check..I bet and UTG+2 raises ( I peg him on qj) Button Calls(very strange play here..now im thinking aces or AK) Sb and BB both call (WOW) so now I just call (correct play?)

Turn 10 d

I check..UTG+2 bets, button calls, sb calls, bb folds and I call?

River Ac

Sb checks, I check with the intention on folding to a bet? Should I have bet out here with the intention on folding to a raise? Utg+2 checks and
Button Checks

Comments on all streets welocme...results to follow.

Nate tha' Great
08-10-2004, 08:49 PM
The preflop cap isn't bad given the description of your opponents.

Failing to 3-bet the flop with TPTK and a nut flush draw and four opponents is just really bad. Were you waiting for the flop to come QQQ?

That's where I stopped reading.

potato
08-10-2004, 09:29 PM
You should have capped the flop. (Edit: I meant 3-bet)

I would eat all of the chips I have on the table before I would fold for one bet on the river.

Nightwish
08-10-2004, 09:32 PM
I probably wouldn't cap preflop, but capping is OK too. BTW, why would you think the button has QQ? Unless he's weak, QQ on the button would cap.

On the flop, how on earth did you put UTG+2 on QJ??? Why not AA or KK or even AQ? Anyway, this is a mandatory 3-bet.

I would bet the turn but slow down if raised.

Garland
08-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Hey there.

I play at the $5/$10 Absolute on occasion. Maybe we've even played each other. Maybe you can PM your username /images/graemlins/wink.gif. BTW, this should go in small stakes.

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 raises ( I peg him on qj)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be so specific on pegging hands yet.

On the flop, you have top pair and top kicker with the nut flush draw. Your hand is extremely valuable here with this potential. To not raise and hope to cap this flop just wouldn't be right.

[ QUOTE ]
I check..UTG+2 bets, button calls, sb calls, bb folds and I call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you even question the call with the top pair, top kicker with a gutshot to the nuts and the nut flush draw? I may even be raising here.

[ QUOTE ]
Sb checks, I check with the intention on folding to a bet? Should I have bet out here with the intention on folding to a raise? Utg+2 checks and
Button Checks

[/ QUOTE ]

Even thinking of folding two pair would be insane to a single bet. Either bet and call a raise or check and call a bet. There is no other option.

Garland

elindauer
08-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Your thinking is all messed up. I don't even know where to begin. Here's a suggestion: drop down to 1/2.

my 2 cents.
Eric

nopepper
08-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Garland,

How do I bet this river or even call a bet with 4 callers all the way down and 4 to a straight?

Elinaduer,

Why would i go to 1-2..how does that help me with this hand?

Please keep your snide comments to yourself.

Garland
08-10-2004, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Garland,

How do I bet this river or even call a bet with 4 callers all the way down and 4 to a straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, with SB doesn't have a K and you have 2 to act with top two. It would be a testiment to a poker player to value bet on that board if you can make a read that no one else has a K.

The point is, you can't be afraid to bet scary boards and make value bets. You also can't afford to fold for one bet on the river on such a huge pot afraid of ghosts.

I don't intend to be mean, but I also think you should also drop down in limits if your post shows how you regularily think in poker.

Garland

steveyz
08-10-2004, 11:19 PM
3-bet the flop. Bet the turn, call down if raised. On the river, don't fold unless it's 2-bets to you.

bicyclekick
08-10-2004, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop. Bet the turn, call down if raised. On the river, don't fold unless it's 2-bets to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

put perfectly. There really isn't any other line.

bisonbison
08-11-2004, 05:27 AM
pepper:

First, 5/10 hand go in small stakes.

2) people are telling you to move down because you seem to be playing and thinking weak-tight.

and c, you should be less defensive about the criticism you've received.

nopepper
08-11-2004, 06:46 AM
RESULTS,

For one bet I would make a crying call. Does nayone feel I should lead out here, I sure hope not.

As for the hands.

UTG+2 acutally hit his maniac and ont he flop with a set of 7's however he finished 3rd.

Button did in fact have AA but his hand was no good either.

SB showed KJ off and took down the pot with the nuts.

Pokergod
08-11-2004, 08:00 PM
I think what everyone is saying is this....

Sometimes you just have to call and pay off what you are pretty sure is a winner for someone else. That's why a bet on the end, by you, is a good play. What if no one else had the straight and you got the other trips to lay it down? Not likely, but you were going to lay down top two pair.

A couple nights ago I'm playing 15-30 and there is a four card straight on the board after the river card comes. UTG bets out, gets raised, and the last guy shows me trips and throws them away after building a HUGE pot. UTG was bluffing, winner had two pair and was raising because he stated afterward he knew UTG was bluffing. Now I don't know about all that, but he did get the best hand to fold.

Sometimes you just have to pay them off... It stinks, but it's true.

-PG

JasonP530
08-12-2004, 06:31 AM
As everyone has said, you must 3 bet the flop. You have 4 opponents. Assuming your hand is not good, and you cannot win with the A or Q, you need only 2 players in there to be getting correct odds. I may even cap with the nut flush draw there without a pair, just to mix things up. If you can get someone to fold AK(he has 5-7 outs) that would be huge. I would doubt anyone would fold AA or KK, but even if they slow down with the best hand you have gained something. You can look to take agression on the turn to try to knock out the hand like KJ(not that hes going anywhere)to possibly save some outs for yourself.

Preflop, SSH likes that for value. Eh. If youre sure the button has a hand, in that big a pot, youre simply going to have to hit to win. Taking control with AQs against all those players just isnt going to work. A lot of times you may even get called by an unimproved AK. BTW, when a loose player 3 bets me, and i flop top pair top kicker, Im pounding the pot. If he got lucky or has a hand, so be it. He will have KQ, AJ, AK, AT too much of the time for me to slow down, and that is without the nut flush outs.