PDA

View Full Version : Wussed out?

toby
08-10-2004, 08:03 PM
I only felt clean the A was a clean out, not the T. Given that there were none of my suit on the board, what do you think about the turn fold?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Hero folds, Button calls.

Riposte
08-10-2004, 08:15 PM
This looks pretty close to me. You've got maybe three outs to the Ace. It could be two outs since your opponent might be on a flush draw, discounting the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Then you sort of have a backdoor straight draw with the 7,9,T. I wouldn't count any Tens as outs.

So best case scenario you have about 4.5 outs or so. Which is better than the 11 to 1 pot odds, so a call might not hurt too much. A raise might get you a free card and drive out the button.

I am not sure what the correct play would be, but in the heat of battle I probably would have folded this.

ErrantNight
08-10-2004, 08:23 PM
raise or fold... the fold is fine, a raise would be, too... i probably fold this with lots of potentially tainted outs, or outs leading to legitimate hands that don't make a hand for your opponent that are STILL second best (which are, um, tainted...)