PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions appreciated

ncboiler
08-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Should I have played this more aggressivly?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.25 BB, between Hero, BB and UTG.</font>

Sent
08-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Considering the action from UTG and how he just called the river I might've raised it, BB looks like he has an Ace but your kicker is great, so unless he has A3, A6, or AK you are good.

-Sent

ErrantNight
08-10-2004, 07:42 PM
ummm yeah, raise... just because there is a flush draw don't mean there's a flush... a raise on the turn will tell you if UTG's either got brass balls of bluffing or has the real deal and will drive out singleton diamonds, most likely...

the third ace on the river looks lovely, but it doesn't improve you over anything but two-pair.... probably better to check/call here as you won't get called on the river unless you're beaten...

obviously the better of a read you have on your opponents the more your judgement here will be assisted, but i think a turn raise is fine in most cases, since you'll be forcing the BB to call two bets cold to see the river (which you don't want, assuming he has any diamond)

my reasoning here is to try to win the moderately sized pot, but i'd be curious if there are advocates for a turn call/river raise assuming no read on UTG given that you'll win more on the river if a flush draw busts and you reraise then

skierdude1000
08-10-2004, 07:59 PM
My read would be that BB was on a flush draw and I would just call the river, hoping my trip aces are good.

Sent
08-10-2004, 08:01 PM
WIth a flush I think BB would've check-raised the turn

-Sent

ncboiler
08-10-2004, 08:31 PM
This is party 0.5/1. Do you think they would have tired to check raise?

Thanks for all the input. I'm new at hnad posting and I'm trying to learn as much as possible.