PDA

View Full Version : Short Handed in PP 20s

spy587
08-10-2004, 06:26 PM
I've been playing the 20s at Party for a few months now, and I've become pretty profitable. However, I get many more 3rds than 1st or 2nd. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how you should play these tourneys late when the blinds are up to 200/400 and beyond.

durron597
08-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Steal blinds and put people to the test during the bubble. If you have them covered, they will fold unless they have a monster. Then you have a bigger stack 2/3 handed. Also when it's down to three handed, you have to be much looser with your raising/calling requirements. Remember, middle pair is a good hand HU (though not a monster obviously).

spy587
08-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the advice.
I think my biggest problem is that I don't call or reraise enough when people try to steal my blinds.

Graham
08-10-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think my biggest problem is that I don't call or reraise enough when people try to steal my blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno.

It's good advice to get more aggressive, but I'd say focus more on doing that when pots haven't yet been contested. Restealing/reraising means you'll meet lots of times where you're gonna get called and have to make a hand - and we all know even AK can get mouldy pretty quick against trash on many flops. Better to go after the pots noone's yet interested in. And you don't need much in your hand to make a purchase offer on an uncontested pot.

edit: I like to pick on the medium stacks around the bubble. They're most apt to keep theiur heads down when chips are thrown at them.