PDA

View Full Version : $1400 average pot at stars 5/10 PLO

WSOPWinner2005
08-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Table Name : Juliet

Huge Stacks ...

Saw on turn with too many possibiliteis to count 'joelmick' and 'thevirus' go at a 8K pot with only AA in their holdings each to split the pot - WOW!

Serious Action here guys.. average pot 1.5 X buyin, LOL

William
08-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Yes, but B BUDDY is playing and he is undestructible (makes around 10K a day playing mostly NL HE), so watch out /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sponger15SB
08-10-2004, 06:12 PM
in joels defense, he did win the PLO WCOOP event, then again he does have a creepy avatar, so he just might be crazy

Tosh
08-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Well he's made 10k from these Omaha tables alone. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

AJo Go All In
08-10-2004, 06:26 PM
10K a day? why would you think that?

William
08-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Perhaps a bit exagerated, but between 5 and 10 is accurate.

WSOPWinner2005
08-10-2004, 06:33 PM
William was that you that finished at WCOOP Main event in 9th place ?

Tosh
08-10-2004, 06:35 PM
No, our William is a better player though. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

William
08-10-2004, 06:40 PM
No, that's a swedish guy. He's very nice, but a complete maniac addicted to all gambling /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BreakEvenPlayer
08-10-2004, 07:15 PM
SO around 2 or 3 million a year?????? hahah...

Ulysses
08-10-2004, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While Buddy is definitely a winning player, you have to take into account the days like the one last week where he tilted off almost $50k going all-in on every hand in $5k SNGs and the other day where he tilted off $10k+ doing the same thing in the PLO. The week before, he did that at NLHE. Overall, he wins a lot less than 5k/day.

Simon Diamond
08-10-2004, 07:32 PM
The $75/$150 O8 tables are worth a look too - $1,400 average pots.

Simon

Rob Blackburn
08-10-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with B Buddy a bit in the 1/2 and 2/4 NL games and the stats I have in Tracker aren't stellar, I am sure he has blockbuster days but I would say 5-10k a day is greatly overestimated. Even though he plays every table of 5/10 I really doubt he is gettign anywhere near this number.

Acesover8s
08-10-2004, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but B BUDDY is playing and he is undestructible (makes around 10K a day playing mostly NL HE), so watch out

[/ QUOTE ]

Undestructable? How about easy to trap and double through. Sure he does quite well at times, but he's exploitable and prone to tilt.

citanul
08-10-2004, 08:07 PM
a bit off topic, but where are the 5k sngs, and what kind of structure do they use?

thanks

citanul

Rob Blackburn
08-10-2004, 08:28 PM
They are under the Heads-up tab, they runt he same as any other head up sng.

William
08-11-2004, 04:31 AM
I know that when it comes to poker we are all world champions and I also know that some of you are better ring players than I. And I must admit that I don't keep track of all Buddy plays, wins or loses, but I used to play the highest NL games at Stars, and I have had to step one level down because the guy was just crushing the game. I know he can be trapped, but the risk factor is in my opinion too high.

From the people I regularly play or used to play with he is definitely the player I respect most.

Ulysses
08-11-2004, 06:04 AM
Great post and I highly respect your opinion on the matter, William. However, I'll much rather have BBuddy in my game than GiftOfGab, Tillerman, sorerichard, chiprack, DaWiz, and a handful of others. But I definitely agree that Buddy can make playing the game tough, especially if you're not in the mood to face a lot of high variance decisions.

William
08-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Funny about Tillerman and sorerichard (the other 3 I have met too few times to have an opinion about) because even if I agree with you that they are good players, I also thing they are predictable (especially Tillerman) and when they bet, it's because they have a hand or are stealing in late position. Buddy puts press on you from any position and you never know what he has (or at least I haven't figured out yet how to).

I do intend to find out /images/graemlins/grin.gif and get back into the fight eventually but as you said, I must first mentally prepare myself to a higher variance than what I am used to.

Very nice though to know your opinion as you are one of the few in this forum I really respect, both as a person and as a player.

William

playerfl
08-11-2004, 09:39 AM
he makes about $2.5 million a year playing cash games on the internet ? WOW.

<snicker>

Sponger15SB
08-11-2004, 01:15 PM
http://sponger15sb.bravehost.com/spiritrock.JPG

Atropos
08-11-2004, 02:04 PM
@William:
I have not watched Tillermans play often enough to judge about it, but it seemed to me too that he was very very tight. But how is he making money then? In an interview on a site he said he learned poker in 3 month practising 18 hours a day, and has made 100k in his first 8 month or so.
Would you with your experience in 5$/10$NL say it's really possible to make some serious money there with tight ABC Poker? I mean you do you only need to know the basics, have a big amount of experience, big enough bankroll to beat the hightest nl games at stars?

William
08-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Tillermann is a very peculiar player.
In my opinion, he is extremely tight, almost always respects a raise, almost always has a strong hand when he is involved in a pot.

It is true that a few months ago he started playing in the low NL buy-ins and worked his way up. He has been succesful at all levels I think. He is very patient, seem to always have big cards when he plays, but has also a good table feeling and knows when to fire a bluff.

I have also wondered how he can be a consistent winner playing so tight, but I guess part of the answer is that it is very difficult to win anything from him, so it only leaves room to the other option, losing to him.

El Diablo says he rather play with Buddy than Tillermann. I believe that is a question of style. Buddy is more dangerous, but can lose big sums if he has a bad day. Tillermann in a bad day, will just not win or lose very little, so there is no money to be made from him.

Poker is a strange game. I am sure most of the other players know how tight Tillermann is, but still, the guy gets action, like if it was so great to win a pot against him. The result is of course that in the long run tillermann makes money.

In the good 'ol days, we had "Oil Man" at paradise (he also played at Stars as "Texas Scott" or something very similar. He was a complete maniac, raised every pot and of course lost practically everytime. But always at a certain moment during the session, he had a very big stack of chips in front of him. He just didn't know when to call it a day. The waiting lists for the tables he played at were enormous and he used to sart new tables in seconds, as many players followed him as his own shadow.
I remember that even if, as everybody else, I won a lot from him, I didn't really liked to play with him, because just as Buddy does, he took you and your stack of chips in the worst rollercoaster tours I can remember. But shh, don't spread the word that I don't like loose/agressive players /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William

Ulysses
08-11-2004, 04:11 PM
I generally agree wrt your thoughts on Tillerman. Sorerichard is quite a bit trickier than you think. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think what it comes down to is that while it can often be "easier" to play against a more predictable player, there's more money to be made from loose aggressive players at the cost of higher variance.

Ulysses
08-11-2004, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you with your experience in 5$/10$NL say it's really possible to make some serious money there with tight ABC Poker? I mean you do you only need to know the basics, have a big amount of experience, big enough bankroll to beat the hightest nl games at stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play tight ABC poker multi-tabling 5/10NL on Stars, you will make money. That's far from the optimal earn, but you'll definitely make money. For some reason, there are always some players who are willing to gamb00l with even the tightest of players.

Tosh
08-11-2004, 04:21 PM
FWIW TheVirus left the table with nothing, despite being upto 7k.