PDA

View Full Version : All say that PartyPoker is fishy....

PugX
08-10-2004, 05:24 PM
.. And I can't see it... Wonder why?!

I really can't put the finger on why, but I do better at PokerStars, Cryptologic sites, Absolute Poker, Paradise (small sample) and Ultimate Bet (small sample).

My sample at Party is not really big either (around 10 000 hands). I do profit at Party but I can not see it's _so_ fishy that peolpe always says in the forums. Can it bee depending on stakes or full/short-handed? When I'm at Party I'm most often at the NL full ring game 100$ and 200$ tables, do you see them as fishy or are you talking about 25$?

Or are we playing at different times? I play at evenings in Europe, is that a harder time than evenings in US?

Have you any comments or thoughts? Besides "If you can't spot the sucker in the first half an hour then......."
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Best regards, Pug /images/graemlins/cool.gif

wayabvpar
08-10-2004, 05:26 PM
I don't play in the NL games, but I would suggest checking Party out during evening hours in the US- especially Friday and Saturday nights.

William
08-10-2004, 05:35 PM
European time, both day and evening is the thoughest time to play online because poker in Europe is not as recreational as in the States, most of the Europeans that play are either professionals or very good players.

That doesn't mean we are better players, just that there are more fishes in the States, probably because they have an oldest poker culture than us and many play for fun, not only to win.

Thythe
08-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I agree with William. US evenings are vastly more fishy than UK evenings.

FlFishOn
08-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Party has screwed the deal to hand out a few favorable cards to the underdogs. I have hundreds of head's up, all-in match ups where the underdog wins at roughly 25% higher rate than expectation. No one believes me and I'm ok with that.

Party is clearly beatable, I have a one year history of winning there, just not for as much as I win elsewhere.

I'm done trying to work this information into something profitable. I never came across anything even consulting with several savy folks. My big fear was the huge sums involved and the low price of human life.

Uber-troll since 2004

Webster
08-10-2004, 11:16 PM
William - I have found that Euopeans are generally hidious players. Pitfull!!!!!! I would play against a European at anytime of the day before an American.

HOWEVER - I'm talking Limit. I have never seen so many loose aggressive limit players in my life. The bluff way way to much with crap on the river - just this afternoon a guy put 4 bets on the river and would not back down and he had top pair no kicker!! Happens all the time. They think they can raise you off a hand.

Sorry guys on the otherside

Schneids
08-10-2004, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
European time, both day and evening is the thoughest time to play online because poker in Europe is not as recreational as in the States, most of the Europeans that play are either professionals or very good players.

That doesn't mean we are better players, just that there are more fishes in the States, probably because they have an oldest poker culture than us and many play for fun, not only to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the best games I've ever played in online have been around 4-6am American time which roughly translates to 10am-12pm Europe time.

mikimaus
08-11-2004, 01:20 AM
I am not sure about Parties as I don't trust them but generally US evenings are tight (EU evenings rate to be good times till the US players come there), something like general Pokerstars in many ways; that's what the US players are like, while the European players are quite different, generally looser in every way, at low limits. It might be just the opposite at higher limits.

Robk
08-11-2004, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I'm at Party I'm most often at the NL full ring game 100$ and 200$ tables, do you see them as fishy or are you talking about 25$?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since party opened the 6 max NL tables the ring NL games have not been very good. Coupled with the larger buyins other sites allow, this may make other sites more profitable for NL ring play. But this is just speculation on my part as I haven't played in these games in a long time.

UncleDuke
08-11-2004, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
William - I have found that Euopeans are generally hidious players. Pitfull!!!!!! I would play against a European at anytime of the day before an American.

HOWEVER - I'm talking Limit. I have never seen so many loose aggressive limit players in my life. The bluff way way to much with crap on the river - just this afternoon a guy put 4 bets on the river and would not back down and he had top pair no kicker!! Happens all the time. They think they can raise you off a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

There may be some truth to this. As I understand it, NL/PL games are more the norm than limit games in Europe. This probably leads to people making some plays that would be more reasonable in a big bet game, even when they're playing limit. I noticed this in myself. Since I started playing mostly NL games, I find that when I play limit, I sometimes make mistakes because my thinking is geared to NL.

Bytestream
08-11-2004, 06:06 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with Euro vs US players. The popular belief is that Party has all the fish and the fringe sites are much tougher which is just ridiculous. If these players were so "good" why wouldnt they go fishing at Party themselves?

The difference is that Party is plagued with all the semi serious recreational players as well. Even at the low limits there are wanna be pros who play very aggressively. A good table at Party can quickly turn into a bad one. There are plenty of fish, but virtually every intermediate and studious player stalks the site as well.

Sites like Absolute and InterPoker have a much different population. While the wanna be pros are fishing at Party, the tight passive rocks are hanging out at these sites. They are not good at all. They play too tight and just call down hands way to much.

If you open up a little a play a very aggressive style, you can destroy these players. This is probably how you play and why you do better at those sites.

Players who sit real tight and play strong hands from strong positions will most likely do better at Party and just marinate at the other sites.

Webster
08-11-2004, 07:13 AM
Slightly OT but I've found that every site has a slightly different population which is strange. You would think that all sites would be created equal.

Pokerroom is very fishy but full of butterflys, they come and go ALL THE TIME. Guys will sit for 5 hands and go to the next table.

Party is not loose at all - it's typicle. Not loose, not tight. Bytestream is right on!!

thecooler
08-25-2004, 01:51 AM
hmmm

Losing all
08-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Do you think bumping a lot of old garbage is funny? I think it makes you look like an ass. Almost as much as the scams...

Cubswin
08-25-2004, 02:03 AM
He is only bumping to move my PSA off the front page

Losing all
08-25-2004, 02:11 AM
Yep, I figured it out 5 seconds after posting. Must have some "deals" in the works, what a fuggin clown.

Tiltsa
08-25-2004, 05:44 AM
And we all know that you can't raise the fish out of the hand.