PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Blackjack. WTF?

haakee
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM
I just heard about this on the Howard Stern show this morning. This must be one of the worst shows ever.

mike l.
08-10-2004, 02:47 PM
i didnt watch it but seeing the commercial w/ snoop dogg sitting there playing 21 with all those other fools made me lmao so it cant be all that bad. besides celebrity poker is the worst tv show ever.

bwana devil
08-10-2004, 02:48 PM
think Lingo but without the excitement.

AtlBrvs4Life
08-10-2004, 03:15 PM
The show is definately boring, except the one I saw with Snoop. He made it hilarious.

WC64
08-10-2004, 05:27 PM
I watched the one with one of the Baldwin brothers and Ben Stein. Can you believe that Ben Stein bet the minimum every time?

I actually didnt watch the whole thing because it became to boring.

moondogg
08-10-2004, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched the one with one of the Baldwin brothers and Ben Stein. Can you believe that Ben Stein bet the minimum every time?

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't suprise me at all. He probably figured that BJ is a losing game, period, so the best way to win is to not lose. I didn't watch it, but I'm guessing he used perfect basic strategy too?

BJ tournaments themselves make very little sense to me. Having celebrities do it makes my head hurt.

paland
08-10-2004, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you believe that Ben Stein bet the minimum every time?

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the optimum strategy. Wait until near or at the end to decide if you even need to make a bet. Usually most people at the table will bet themselves right out of the tourney.

WC64
08-11-2004, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you believe that Ben Stein bet the minimum every time?

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the optimum strategy. Wait until near or at the end to decide if you even need to make a bet. Usually most people at the table will bet themselves right out of the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being sarcastic when I said that.