PDA

View Full Version : Bush Flip Flops like a fish out of water.

cardcounter0
08-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Here are just a few....

I was going to catch Osama, before I forgot about him.

Government should get out our private lives - except when I want to read your email.

No one wants to know the name of the leaker more than me - that's why I ignored it for three months, then handed the case over to Rove's former employer.

Im a uniter not divider - but you're either with us or against us.

The UN is irrelevant - except when I beg them for help with the mess Ive made.

I am not a nation builder - except when the nation in question is sitting on lots of oil.

I was for torture, until I was against it (or is it the other way around).

States should decide the marriage issue - except when I need a boost among bible-thumping religious wackos.

I will create 2.8 million jobs - except that figure wasn't really mine.

Medicare "reform" will cost less than $450 billion - except when I need to lie to get the votes.

Mission Accomplished - well, give or take 900 dead Americans.

Condi can't testify on principle - but, since I don't have any principles, I guess she can testify after all.

I had proof I knew about WMD, before I didn't.

Mushroom clouds over Manhattan - or butt-pyramids in torture chambers? I'm not sure: my cue-cards went through the wash.

Randy_Refeld
08-10-2004, 03:41 PM
I think this post shows why one of the major politcal parties in the US has a jack-ass as its symbol.

Malarky
08-10-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this post shows why one of the major politcal parties in the US has a jack-ass as its symbol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets keep in mind that neither entire side of the political spectrum can be accurately represented by a single person, lest we start believing that Forum Poster GWB speaks for the entire Republican party when he criticizes Kerry's CORN HANDLING ABILITIES.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Do you do nothing all day but think up this crap? Does it make you feel better to post it? I sure hope it does. Get some of that frustration out of your system.

cardcounter0
08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Attack the messenger.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-10-2004, 05:20 PM
It's a serious question. I legitimately worry for you.

cardcounter0
08-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Dude, I am sitting here at work. I get $75 an hour to post crap. Your time would probably be better spent worrying what poor Georgie is going to do without a job come November (Some poor company is going to get another idiot on its board of directors, probably).

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-10-2004, 06:02 PM
So what you're trying to say is you do have nothing better than to sit around and come up with this crap all day. It shows. You should've just said yes to my first question and been done with it instead of going through all this crap. It appears you're happy with your wages, so that's a plus, but the job can't be that rewarding. I can see where you'd be frustrated. I usually do have better things to do with my time, but I've got a model solving right now and it'll take a good hour at least of solid computer time to finish and all I've got to pass the time is a quick technical paper and a sandwich, so I really don't have much going on right now. For the record, since this is apparently an attempt at a pissing contest now, my time currently goes for $105/hr plus $37/hr computer fees. Get me now while I'm still relatively cheap.

MMMMMM
08-10-2004, 06:18 PM
"Attack the messenger."

Your initial post was supposed to be a factual message?

Why don't you try easing off on the sarcasm and caricaturizing, and focus instead on facts and rational discussion? I know you have it in you somewhere.

cardcounter0
08-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Yes, could you post some more rational factual articles from www.rightwing/whacko/nutjob.com for us?

cardcounter0
08-10-2004, 06:48 PM
No pissing contest. You said you were worried about me, and I gave you some better alternatives to worry about.

If reading technical papers and eating a sandwich floats your boat, don't let me stop you. I much prefer reading my latest Robert Service find, and eating somewhere with nice white tablecloths and silverware.

If all your rewards in life are centered around your job, then I feel sorry for you. I find $75 an hour adequate to fulfill my material needs, and really like the flexibility, low supervision, and no office politics my job provides.

If I was working for a deranged prick like Bush, then I would be very frustrated, no matter what the hourly wage.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Well, the technical paper is to help prepare me for my next project, so I guess it's 'work', although learning something new can be interesting. I ate a sandwich today because I spent my lunch break enjoying some physical activities in the sun.

I agree completely that a life centered around a job and with nothing else truely is sad. A job can be a necessary evil taken up only for the cash it provides or it can be something that is actually enjoyable and fulfilling. Most people spend a significant part of their lives at a job, so finding something rewarding is more than a trivial thing. I've been lucky enough to find a job that I love and that is very rewarding, allows me to work in my shorts from home (I'm at headquarters this week though, hence the 'lunch break'), with nobody looking over my shoulder, has flexible hours, and pays quite well. On top of that, I can say I've worked on some very cool projects like the Mars rover, the next generation space plane, a few launch vehicles, a missile defense system, a Harley, a couple roller coasters, and just lately analysis of the human spinal column and a synthetic implant being developed to replace the disc in your back. A job can be more than what you do from 8-5 so you can have dinner on a white table cloth and post your ramblings on an internet message board. It can be a rewarding part of your life. For some it can be both. I've also got plenty of things going on outside work that really are the important things in life. You need not worry about me.

MMMMMM
08-10-2004, 08:09 PM
For you, is discussion of issues anything more than a contest of one-upmanship and sarcasm?

Why don't you try discussing issues like Adios or Nicky G. or Andy Fox do? Or better, yet just grow up.

paland
08-10-2004, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you do nothing all day but think up this crap? Does it make you feel better to post it? I sure hope it does. Get some of that frustration out of your system.

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of the comments, there is some truth to Bush's waffling issue. But it is there in both parties and I have seen it in all Presidents. I don't think they have much of a choice since they have to try to appease some majority.