PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury Thursday, Friday and Saturday Nights!

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Would love to meet up with any 2+2ers who are going to be at Canterbury. I'll be easy to spot, 40-ish mostly shaven-headed (probably wearing a ball cap) fat psychologist. Just look for the avatar... http://server6.uploadit.org/files/BigBeitzim-MBKRorschach.jpg

Schneids
08-10-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm aiming to try to make a long trip Thursday.

Vehn
08-11-2004, 01:05 AM
I will be there thursday also. Chris O, either in the 30/60 or looking mad that he's not in the 30/60. Not CMO - he's another entirely better looking Chris O who also plays 30/60. If you see an ugly Chris O that's almost certainly me.

Andy B
08-11-2004, 02:17 AM
I may just play on Thursday. I have plans for Friday and Saturday. I look remarkably like the guy in the picture, except without the beard and the chips.

BottlesOf
08-11-2004, 02:21 AM
So exactly what is that a picture of?

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-11-2004, 07:41 AM
That depends... What does it look like to you?

It's actually something my then 3 year-old daughter made by spilling ink on paper and folding it in half. It bears an astonishing resemblence to several of the Rorschach cards, both in design and color usage.

As a shrink, I can't help but love the image. Periodically people speculate on what it looks like. Some see a weightlifting mouse, others have seen a woman's naughty bits. I interpret nothing...

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Damn, my sister-in-law just told me I'd need to bring a sweater with me. IT'S AUGUST for crying out loud! What are you people thinking!!!

Okay, so how late are the games still good? During my 3 days in Vegas (midweek) most of the fish swam away by 3 a.m. or so, making the games much less "good." Just trying to budget my time and plan for the weekend. I was planning on playing from 8 p.m. until whenever the games turned bad.

I'm not sure who is more excited about the trip, my 6-year-old who gets to see her cousins, or me... Pathetic, huh?

steamboatin
08-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Thought they were remaking the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

Schneids
08-11-2004, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, my sister-in-law just told me I'd need to bring a sweater with me. IT'S AUGUST for crying out loud! What are you people thinking!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want one for INSIDE Canterbury. Most of it is ok but there are a few tables/seats that are right underneath extreme ventilation and it gets chilly fast. As for your sister, yeah, yesterday set a new all-time low high-temperature for August 10th in the state of MN at a high of something like 58 degrees. Don't worry though that's not regular for the average is 82 and I hear by Friday or Saturday we'll be back around that.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so how late are the games still good? During my 3 days in Vegas (midweek) most of the fish swam away by 3 a.m. or so, making the games much less "good." Just trying to budget my time and plan for the weekend. I was planning on playing from 8 p.m. until whenever the games turned bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're pretty much always good, especially overnight on the weekends.

Brian
08-13-2004, 04:57 PM
I see a bat with a big fat heart.

-Brian

Sponger15SB
08-13-2004, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see a bat with a big fat heart.

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, its a really strong kitten flexing its arms, uh and it also doesn't seem to have skin/rib cage/etc

WDC
08-13-2004, 06:27 PM
I may try to hit late Friday or Saturday.

By the way, it looks like a clown suit to me.

CheckRaise
08-14-2004, 01:06 AM
I was just there on Wednesday and had a good session but i cant go this weekend because of family plans /images/graemlins/frown.gif Seeing as though i dont play high limits since i am just 18 and have a limited bankroll i like to stay at 4/8 or 6/12 and probably wouldnt see you highrollers anyway.

Vehn
08-14-2004, 01:09 AM
On wednesday at 7pm it was ~65 degrees at table 33. On thursday it was ~85 degrees. Lovely.

CheckRaise
08-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Yes on Wednesday it was damn cold, i was wearing pants and a sweatshirt which is unheard of here in MN in August