PDA

View Full Version : why saab

scotnt73
08-10-2004, 01:51 PM
ive been trying to figure out why people get out of saabs. if you want saftey you buy a volvo. you have all the big boys for luxury. what does saab offer for the price? i really am asking-my wife and i were discussing this when we drove past a dealership the other day. thanks.

astroglide
08-10-2004, 02:13 PM
the same could be said for a lot of cars. how does a person end up buying a dodge stratus? mercury sable? etc. as for saab, girls really seem to like them.

Gamblor
08-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Girls like Saabs for their soft lines.

I, for one, hate Saabs (specifically 9-3s) as I've been incarcerated in hospital beds for a total of 3 months because of them.

playerfl
08-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I like the new 93x because I wanted a car like the subaru wrx but it was too damn ugly and cheap looking even though it costs $30k+.

the 93x is a subaru WRX under the skin ( made by agreement with saab and subaru), but my girlfriend wouldn't be embarassed to be seen in it. It costs about the same as the subaru also.

astroglide
08-10-2004, 03:18 PM
that's interesting, i didn't know that saab rebranded anything or that subaru provided the service. my gf drives a subaru forrester, great vehicle. i would buy a wrx sti in a split second if they could figure out how to make a premium interior. ditto goes for an awd m3 if bmw made that though, i just can't accept driving a rwd car in missouri winters. i don't like the back of the audi s4 that much and the mpg sucks.

Boris
08-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Dude you must be loaded.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-10-2004, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the new 93x because I wanted a car like the subaru wrx but it was too damn ugly and cheap looking even though it costs $30k+

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking Canadian $ or something? You need to find another salesman if someone's trying to sell you a WRX (non-STI) or a Saabaru for $30k+ USD. Try something more like $22k-$24k if you're in the US. It's also not cheap looking or ugly (in my opinion), but I guess everyone has their idea of ugly.

Boris
08-10-2004, 06:29 PM
that dude banging on the rock cow bell under your picture is pretty ugly.

Malarky
08-10-2004, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that dude banging on the rock cow bell under your picture is pretty ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

GUESS WHAT

I'VE GOT A FEVER

AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION

IS MORE COWBELL

GOTTA HAVE THAT COWBELL

busguy
08-10-2004, 08:37 PM
SAABS ARE SWEET.

Seriously, people like saabs because they have character and a certain unique classy quality to them. There are easily as safe (built-in internal roll cage) as a Volvo without the humdrum styling. In recent years they have been much better made and therefore much more reliable. They have all the bells and whistles of their more expensive competitors for a more reasonable price.

The 9-3 is a beautiful car for the price and compares very favourable with the comparable BMW, Audi, Acura for a MUCH better price.

The Saab/Subaru shared chasis car is called a 9-2x NOT a 9-3x and looks like a VERY fun car for the price.

And oh by the way chicks DO dig saabs.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif busguy

riverflush
08-11-2004, 01:05 AM
"Easy, guys... I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on... I make gold records. "

Gamblor
08-11-2004, 11:21 AM
"And, Bobby, you are right - I am being selfish. But the last time I checked, we don't have a lot of songs that feature the cowbell.

I'll be doing myself a disservice, and everybody in this band, if I don't perform the hell out of this."

"Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all are gonna be wearing gold-plated diapers."

"What does that mean?"

"Never question Bruce Dickenson!"

riverflush
08-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Best skit in the last 10 years of SNL...

"I could use it a little louder, and really explore the studio space this time."