PDA

View Full Version : Overplayed Ks?

Young Gun
08-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Allright game is NL 0.25-0.50 Stars.
Hero is SB with KK. UTG who is a very loose aggressive player( I'd been watching the table for about 20 minutes before I sat down) raises $2 making it $2.50 to go. All fold to me. I consider just calling but then realize I don t want to be in early position against a habitual bluffer especially in case the dreaded Ace would hit. I also figure I have the best hand at this point. SO I reraise $5 making it $7.50 to go. BB folds and UTG instantly moves in. I put him on a hand like AK or QQs(hopefully not AA but it doesn t make sense for him to move in so fast with AA because it makes his hand LOOK strong by acting so fast.) Anyway it's not much of a decision for me. I have to call. Im pot committed at this point. Flop comes out 5dAh2s I think I've probably lost at this point due to the A. Turn is 7c. River is 9h.

UTG reveals 6s8s for Nut straight. Now that wasn't just a bad beat story. I want to know whether reraising to $7.50 preflop was correct. Even though the guy was apparently trying to bluff me out of the pot if he did have Aces I was pot committed to (most likely) pay him off.

dfscott
08-10-2004, 01:51 PM
You'll get better responses posting this over in the Pot-/No-limit forum. This is mostly discussions of limit play. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nottom
08-10-2004, 02:05 PM
As the other poster said, head over to the NL forum.

Based on my limited NL skills, I would say you played the hand fine.

mistrpug
08-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Though this is a limit forum, I'll give you my opinion on your play.

You got all your oponent's money in preflop with KK against 68s. What more could you possibly want? Well played, tough break.

Young Gun
08-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks. Posting there now.