PDA

View Full Version : Gap concept VS defend your blinds

hummusx
08-10-2004, 01:27 PM
These two ideas seem to be in contradiction to each other. Or do they actually play off of each other? I assume my MP raiser has less of a hand than he might if he raised from UTG, so I lower the standards that I'll defend my blinds with?

My question is really about defending blinds. In particular, when it's short handed and you are medium-low stacked, there is a VERY high likelyhood that someone is going to try to raise you off of your blind. You don't exactly have an abundance of chips with which to defend merely for defending's sake...

Dominic
08-10-2004, 05:35 PM
If I'm sitting in the BB with 10-8os and the SB raises me 3x or more the BB, I fold. Without a thought.

The whole "defending your blind" thing is a stupid concept to begin with, in my opnion, because once you put the chips out there they are no longer yours. Why put more chips in the pot with a sub-standard hand?

But if it's down to three or four-handed, yes, my starting hand requirements definitely loosen up and I'll be calling raises with hands like Q-10 more often...