PDA

View Full Version : Protocol on anonymity

Doubling12
08-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Hello - new member, curious about protocol-

If you see a post where you are the "villian", or you were otherwise in a hand that gets posted by someone else, is it considered "fun" to post that you remember the hand, or do you keep quiet? And is it a big no-no to reveal that person's online handle, or your own?

mike l.
08-10-2004, 01:30 PM
protocol: do whatever the hell you want.

AviD
08-10-2004, 02:53 PM
LOL

elysium
08-10-2004, 04:35 PM
hi doubling

you can do that doubling, however you may not achieve the desired effect by doing so. a good 2+2 er will more likely have you believeing that he played his hand in such and such a way because he is a 2+2 er and can not play his hand as he advises others to play it when he suspects that a reader of his posts may be present at the table. a good 2+2 er might argue that playing his hand as he says you should have played it would represent a lower ev than playing the hand some other way, if playing it correctly would also be playing it too predictably when facing a reader; and you would walk away believeing it when in fact he might have just played his hand incorrectly.

as i'm typing this, tommy is defending a play he made that might make 85o a staple play of the forum. as i'm typing this, i like the 85o.

bisonbison
08-11-2004, 01:29 AM
If you see a post where you are the "villian", or you were otherwise in a hand that gets posted by someone else, is it considered "fun" to post that you remember the hand, or do you keep quiet?

If you reveal you were at the table, you haven't revealed anything to anyone but someone with the original hand history, so do so at your own discretion.

And is it a big no-no to reveal that person's online handle, or your own?

Yes, it's a big no-no to reveal someone's handle w/o their permission. You can post your own as much as you like.