PDA

View Full Version : Norman McDonald.....

06-29-2002, 11:19 PM
First off, I juat want to say I haven't been posting here for a while because I have some computer troubles, this thing i use is a piece of crap I guess. Anyway Norman McDonald (I think that's how to spell his name- the tall guy from Saturday Night Live) plays 20-40 and is just a total f*ckin maniac preflop, and still fairly nuts post flop, so if you see him, you can be fairly sure the game is good, I think he is bad enough to feed an entire table of decent players. I got into games with him for 3 nights in a row now and I hope he keeps playing for a while, he is the kind of guy that can afford to lose excessive amounts and is very good for poker overall.

I figured I'd give you a couple of examples to give you an idea of the types of things he does:

1) He limp re-raised preflop w/ 3,5o

2) He put in 6 or 7 bets on the river heads up with a single 10 on a board of 789JQ!!

Okay see y'all later

Kris

06-29-2002, 11:26 PM
Goat,

Believe it or not, Norm is a close friend of a sometimes 2+2 poster and excellent player /images/biggrin.gif !

Regards,

Rick

06-30-2002, 01:44 AM
Isn't it a bit unfair to be naming and criticising a person or his play in public like you've done?

It's one thing to question something a poker author has written in Card Player, or to question an unnamed opponent's play. It's quite another to hold a citizen up for ridicule, especially as he doesn't post here.

06-30-2002, 11:23 AM
It hurts me deeply to see negative comments about my boyfriend.

06-30-2002, 02:55 PM
I'm sure norm wouldn't care as it is not his day job. He has alot of money that he can afford to burn probably so he has fun. But i guess Rick would know better.

06-30-2002, 03:14 PM
He's also one of my very favorite comedians. My friends and I picked up on him long before his SNL days. There's nothing funnier than his "wiener dog in a cardigan" bit, except perhaps his "battle with cancer" bit that he did last year when I saw him at Mandalay Bay.

07-01-2002, 12:59 AM
good to see you stil around and in action Kris.

07-01-2002, 01:01 AM
or you could look at it as one poster informing the rest of us about a game to look for. helpful, i suppose. i doubt a player who limp-reraises 53o would care if somebody on 2+2 questioned his game...

07-01-2002, 03:25 AM

07-03-2002, 05:44 PM
Exactly, well I'm respondng to this late, but maybe I should note that I was in no way attacking Norm, in fact i think i said he is great for poker. He seems to be a nice guy but i just thought people might be interested to know that he plays like a maniac too.

Later'

Kris

07-03-2002, 05:47 PM
Oh hey are you the guy who was sitting next to him last week a few times, and complaining about how hot the damn cardroom was? If so then I was the one sitting next to you when we were talking about those tennis chicks and "Anna Cornacopia" heh heh, anyway if that was you then cool, otherwise I guess you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Kris