PDA

View Full Version : Aggression factor

theghost
08-10-2004, 11:05 AM
What factors go into the calculation of a player's aggression factor, and what is considered a healthy level of aggression?

Is this something that pokertracker figures as part of a player profile? (I don't have it in front of me...)

jd

Big Country
08-10-2004, 01:08 PM
The aggression factor as PT calculates it is I believe (Bet % + Raise %) / Call %.

I believe the define passive as under .7 or something and aggressive as over 1.3. I don't have PT here either, just going from memory, so the levels PT ascribes to passive and aggressive may be off.

dogmeat
08-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Your numbers were very close from memory. Poker tracker says: less than 0.70 = passive - more than 1.5 = aggressive

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Wahoo91
08-10-2004, 11:25 PM
My understanding is that agression should be somewhat greater than 1.5. Mine is currently 1.65 over the 5,000 hands since I read SSH (and this forum as well). Before my agression was 0.75.

I am a much better player and have had much better results after reading SSH. 5k hands is not a valid sample size but my BB/100 has greatly increased over that span.

To have an agression factor of 1.65 I take control of almost every hand I play in (e.g. either bet/raise or fold). My only calls are on the flop, in general (in fact, according to most posters here you should have a PFR of 10%, but mine remains about 5%).