PDA

View Full Version : Attention UK - Party - withdrawing to debit card

TylerD
08-10-2004, 07:04 AM
It seems Party/Empire now allow money to be directly withdrawn to debit card (Switch/Solo).

I deposited to Empire via Neteller for their recent bonus, ran the $1000 up to $1250 and then noticed the Switch cashout option. I cashed out a test amount of $50 to my Switch card, without ever depositing via it. The exchange rate was very favourable something like £27.04 for $50. I cashed out on Sunday and the money arrived in my account this morning.

So it appears as if you can withdraw any amount to the card, without needing to refund the original Neteller deposit. In other words its a very convenient (& cheap) way of withdrawing Neteller funds.

nicky g
08-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Hey Tyler,

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering, how do you think they would react to someone sticking in a bunch of money via neteller and then withdrawing it without playing (more than a token amount) to Switch? Given it must incur transaction costs for them I'd have thought they might get annoyed by this; I'm worried it's the sort of thing you could have an account frozen for and have to go through the usual passport/credit card fax rigmarole. I'd happily play at Party but for the 50BB PLO capped buy-in

I imagine other sites will start to do this soon though. They already accept switch, there's no reason no to let you cash out through it as well.

Finally, I see that VC also accepts NEteller deposits an dlets you cash out to Switch. Do you know if you have to clear the Neteller deposit amount first?
Thanks,
NG.

Tosh
08-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Good news, thanks for the headsup.

Sheriff Fatman
08-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Very interesting information!

Perhaps its worth someone asking Party support if there are any restrictions on this, although I dread to think what weird and wonderful responses they'll come up with before you find out anything! Getting hand histories is hard enough!

Sheriff

Simon Diamond
08-10-2004, 07:58 AM
The exchange rate was very favourable something like £27.04 for $50.

Wow, that is pretty good when compared to NETeller. Switch is so much more convenient too.

Simon

chezlaw
08-10-2004, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I imagine other sites will start to do this soon though. They already accept switch, there's no reason no to let you cash out through it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paradise started cashing out to switch a few weeks ago.

ipp147
08-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Cheers for this Tyler,

while we are on the subject.

Pokerstars. I emailed them and they said that they do not know of plans to introduce it (they are opening an office in London though - expect a rake increase /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

But a european can already withdraw onto Visa. I didn't know that, I assume you guys did.

nicky g
08-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Really? Tha's the best news I've heard all day (well, it's the only good news I've heard all day). Thanks for the advice. Can you cash out anything or only in excess of what you deposited from neteller?

TrickyTree
08-10-2004, 08:46 AM
It is indeed good news.

I have been playing my games through CoralEurobet which is a party "skin" and this type of facility has been available for some time. So i have been withdrawing to switch for months without any problems whatsoever. Not only that the money is always in my account the following day which is a far cry from Pokerstars who force me to wait for 10 days or so for a cheque.

TylerD
08-10-2004, 08:56 AM
You sure, have you done it? I cashed out of there from a Switch deposit (for the SWITCH bonus) but it went to Neteller this was about 2 weeks ago.

As for VC I cost myself about $30 in exchange fees trying to get money out from Neteller to Switch. All Neteller transactions are refunded back to Neteller.

I would think Party might be a little suspicious if you "hit and ran" without playing there, perhaps a few hundred hands would cover it. I'm not sure when they'd start getting suspicious, perhaps at a few thousand $$$s?
Of course this won't be a problem for Party regulars.

nicky g
08-10-2004, 09:15 AM
cheers for the info tyler

chezlaw
08-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Sorry, I'm wrong. Misunderstood a previous which turns out to be from you /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I checked with paradise and they say:

'At present it is not possible to withdraw back onto a Switch/solo card. However as you may have heard it is possible to make a deposit with this method. The withdrawal option onto Switch / Solo is under review however for the time being any withdrawals can be made in the form of a cheque or possibly via another method like Neteller.'

Piers
08-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Thats good, I been using ukbetting, totalbet and ritz club up to now.