PDA

View Full Version : KK big pot

mmcd
08-10-2004, 04:42 AM
Any one read this one other than set on set with draws caught in the middle?

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (28 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 28 BB

ike
08-10-2004, 05:19 AM
I don't see any debatable plays in this hand.

mmcd
08-10-2004, 05:50 AM
I know there wasn't really any other way for me to play this hand, but I was surprised at showdown. Given the flop action here, I think the rest of the hand was pretty automatic, but I usually don't misread all 3 players in a 4-handed pot...all 3 opponents in this hand fall within the range of typical players in this game except maybe a little toward the looser end of that spectrum. Any guesses on the showdown?

BTW: I almost fell off the couch (gotta love the wireless internet: easiest job ever) when 2 players flat called for 4 bets on that flop and turn and nobody bet the spade on the river

Michael Emery
08-10-2004, 07:09 AM
I think you played perfectly. But I am curious, did you used to be mmcdon on party? If so I've played 20-40 stud and 30-60 with you plenty. He was a very good (tight) player, this you?

Mike Emery

BarronVangorToth
08-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Looks good and aggressive... the turn could be the loser of the bunch as it puts the straight up there, but was there a lot of bets pre-flop? If so... discount it.

As far as the river goes -- that's pretty funny, as obviously no one wanted the flush to hit.

In the future though, if possible, put in the pre-flop action as well as that provides much information as to the potential hands out there. Example: let's say you "slow-played" your KK and just limped UTG ... EASILY there could be straight draws out there against you and then I wouldn't say going haywire on the turn is the move.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

mmcd
08-10-2004, 08:33 AM
The one and only

elindauer
08-10-2004, 10:07 AM
With this much action and the two callers weathering the storm and the flush getting there, checking and calling looks prudent. After all, you might even be behind MP2 if he was attacking the flop for value on a draw like J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif or 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and turned a straight.

I think you played it well.

By the way, this post would have been better if it had ended simply:

River: (28 BB) 2 (4 players)
Hero checks.

Knowing the subsequent action of your opponents makes it hard to offer recommendations on your river action in an unbiased way.

my 2 cents.
Eric

mmcd
08-10-2004, 01:11 PM
I have no question about my river check, this was just a sort of a surprised what they had/handreading type post.

MP1: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP2: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Things that threw me here:

1. MP2 had a huge draw, but really didn't seem like the type to go apeshit on the flop with it, but given the fact that there were 3 players in the hand I guess I could see it. BUT maybe the fact that his monster draw was illusory should have dawned on him given the action. Had him on 77/88 for sure.

MP3: The smooth call on the turn after hitting his straight astonishes me. I can't see how he could possibly put MP2 on or the BB for that mattern on a J-10 straight given the flop action. I also don't see how he could realize that MP2 was freerolling him. His non 3-bet shocks me. (The only possibility is if, given the action and his reads, he KNOWS it is going to 4 bets anyways, and is setting himself to collect several exra river bets if a blank falls, but frankly I don't think he's that good.) Obviously if he 3 bets that turn I shutdown and pray for the board to pair.

BB: What surprises me most here is the fact that he was willing to pay 4-bets on the flop and the turn to draw to his hand, but was unwilling to bet when he hit it.