PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Expert Headsup Player

Matty
08-10-2004, 04:01 AM
To watch me play some headsup (or play me with play money), possibly look over some PT data, and help me improve. I desperately need to.

I will pay nicely.

If anyone knows someone they could refer me to that would be great.

Thanks.

naphand
08-10-2004, 04:37 AM
You could try joining the HULA league, if it is still running.

Personally, I make no claim to be much more than competent but I would like some experience playing 2+2 players for peanuts. If you like we can play some games and discuss hands as we go, and post some of the more interesting ones here for general discussion. HU play gets little coverage here, because it is so heavily opponent-dependent. There are some good guidelines to go by, though.

PM me if you want a match-up. We can play Stars 0.01/0.02 or Paradise play money. It's been a while since I played much HU, and although I am happy with my game it could do with some rust-eater.

naphand
08-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Anyone interested in this please PM me or post here.

Rather than a HUSH-type competition, I am quite happy for a more informal chat-and-play set-up where players can discuss strategy of hands etc. during play,the aim being to improve. If you tell your opponents your strategy, it makes it harder for the good players to keep an adge - forcing them to adapt and change more quickly, so it should benefit both players.

Basically, my aim is to be able to bust the asses of anyone I play on the cash tables HU, or at least know I am playing the best. Needs practise.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lefty rosen
08-11-2004, 04:20 AM
The problem with headsup is that it is not the same game without the fear factor. That's what will make or break you in the long run. So playing free side or nominal pay side isn't that beneficial for true skills development once you get beyond the elementry stage.

naphand
08-11-2004, 04:45 AM
Yes and no. Fear is mostly based on ignorance. Being familair with different styles of play, learning how to adjust etc. all these are improved by practice and besides, I don't think many 2+2 posters would be keen on being publicly humiliated by another poster.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif as was apparent from some of the responses seen in HULA and HUSH.

The purpose of this practice would be to discuss hands etc. and develop an all-round strategy, to have sufficient experience to remain in control when tables get short and avoid the crushing rake while developing your game.

No-one should be playing scared money anyway, so the "fear" factor if it exists, is more a function of bankroll (and familiarity). They are just chips. These are not going to be "free money" tables full of noobs who don't care.

Matty
08-11-2004, 05:46 AM
Well, I've been playing some at Absolute. 0.25/0.5. I seem to be able to hold my own now- which is an improvement.

Odd how I can make bank in Full Ring and SH, yet suck so bad at HU.

naphand- if you're on and want to play some, PM me. I'll be on for the next hour or so.